Don't miss out Virtual Happy Hour this Friday (April 26).

Try our conversational search powered by Generative AI!

Not found the view when creating protected MVC add-on

Vote:

Hi guys,

I created public MVC EPiServer add-on for EPiServer 8 and it's working fine. I tried to change this add-on to protected add-on but it wasn't working. The view or its master was not found or no view engine supports the searched locations.

Can any guys help me, plz? 

Thanks a lot,

Jul 17, 2015 4:18
Vote:

Could you provide more details like stack trace and some sample code?

How do you reference that view and master? Do you resolve some path in controller code?

Jul 17, 2015 10:33
Vote:

I tried to change Razor template to ASPX-view for MVC but it is still working if I set it as public modude and not working with protected module.

Here is detail error: 

Stack Trace: 

[InvalidOperationException: The view '/manage/NISJoinCMS.InDesignIntegration.UI/Views/PrintTemplates/Index.aspx' or its master was not found or no view engine supports the searched locations. The following locations were searched:
/manage/NISJoinCMS.InDesignIntegration.UI/Views/PrintTemplates/Index.aspx
/manage/NISJoinCMS.InDesignIntegration.UI/Views/Shared/Site.Master]
   System.Web.Mvc.ViewResult.FindView(ControllerContext context) +430
   System.Web.Mvc.ViewResultBase.ExecuteResult(ControllerContext context) +144
   System.Web.Mvc.<>c__DisplayClass1a.<InvokeActionResultWithFilters>b__17() +33
   System.Web.Mvc.ControllerActionInvoker.InvokeActionResultFilter(IResultFilter filter, ResultExecutingContext preContext, Func`1 continuation) +800560
   System.Web.Mvc.ControllerActionInvoker.InvokeActionResultFilter(IResultFilter filter, ResultExecutingContext preContext, Func`1 continuation) +800560
   System.Web.Mvc.ControllerActionInvoker.InvokeActionResultWithFilters(ControllerContext controllerContext, IList`1 filters, ActionResult actionResult) +263
   System.Web.Mvc.Async.<>c__DisplayClass25.<BeginInvokeAction>b__22(IAsyncResult asyncResult) +787916
   System.Web.Mvc.<>c__DisplayClass1d.<BeginExecuteCore>b__18(IAsyncResult asyncResult) +28
   System.Web.Mvc.Async.<>c__DisplayClass4.<MakeVoidDelegate>b__3(IAsyncResult ar) +15
   System.Web.Mvc.Controller.EndExecuteCore(IAsyncResult asyncResult) +65
   System.Web.Mvc.Async.<>c__DisplayClass4.<MakeVoidDelegate>b__3(IAsyncResult ar) +15
   System.Web.Mvc.Controller.EndExecute(IAsyncResult asyncResult) +51
   System.Web.Mvc.<>c__DisplayClass8.<BeginProcessRequest>b__3(IAsyncResult asyncResult) +42
   System.Web.Mvc.MvcHandler.EndProcessRequest(IAsyncResult asyncResult) +51
   System.Web.CallHandlerExecutionStep.System.Web.HttpApplication.IExecutionStep.Execute() +606
   System.Web.HttpApplication.ExecuteStep(IExecutionStep step, Boolean& completedSynchronously) +288

And here is a code section on my controller:

public ActionResult Index()
{
            //Bind template list to model
            var templateList = _printTemplateService.List();
            var vr = View(Paths.ToResource(GetType(), "Views/PrintTemplates/Index.aspx"), templateList);
            vr.MasterName = Paths.ToResource(GetType(),"Views/Shared/Site.Master");
            return vr;
}

My addon's target framework is .NET4.5.

I have already added web.config into Views folder.

I haven't resolve it yet. Have you find out any reason with my problem?

Thanks for your help,

Jul 17, 2015 14:18
* You are NOT allowed to include any hyperlinks in the post because your account hasn't associated to your company. User profile should be updated.