Try our conversational search powered by Generative AI!

EPiServer Forms status

Vote:

Hello!

I got a couple of questions about EPiServer Forms.

• What is the status of the project? Expected release in 1 month , 3 months, 1 year etc...?
  • Will it be breaking changes in upcoming releases that would break submitted forms and cause data loss?
  • Will it (or can I) make it work without javascript?

// Peter

Jan 13, 2016 15:34
Vote:

Hi Peter,

• Status of the project? I don't have role to assure about it, but with Continous Delivery, we see nothing prevent you from using it right now and update later with new feature. I'm looking forward beta tag will be removed in April. We need time for
    • Listen for feedback
    • Write Samples for implementing new Element, from basic to most advanced
    • Working without JS
    • Connect with Marketing Automation tool
  • Breaking changes in upcoming releases: yes
    • it will introduce breaking change, but most of them are for improving programming API. 90% all you need to do is only rebuild your code.
    • submitted forms are stored in Episerver DDS, and we don't have any task in the backlog that can affect the data structure and/or cause data loss
  • Work without javascript?: yes, it is implementing right now.  Without JavaScript, UI UX interaction, validation will not be optimal, but main features should work fine.

Thach.

Edited, Jan 14, 2016 5:14
This topic was created over six months ago and has been resolved. If you have a similar question, please create a new topic and refer to this one.
* You are NOT allowed to include any hyperlinks in the post because your account hasn't associated to your company. User profile should be updated.