Don't miss out Virtual Happy Hour this Friday (April 26).

Try our conversational search powered by Generative AI!

Episerver Forms, Hidden visitor profiling - no IP

Vote:

Hi everybody!

I'm trying to get visitors' IP using Hidden visitor profiling form element. I've got it set to collect IP info like this:

but I see no data in form submissions:

I tried to whatch network activity and saw that when I posted the form, Episerver would request freegeoip.net with "http://freegeoip.net/json/?q= "

So there is no IP in this request too.

I also have tried to collect User agents info which again has resulted with no data.

Could anyone give me a hand with this, please? Am I missing some additional configuration? 

Thanx.

Apr 15, 2016 16:12
Vote:

Have you test with public IP? (like using your mobile phone with 3G and test your site).

Some network might mask the IP, and l think the IClientIPAddressResolver cannot get your IP.

/// <summary>
        /// Gets client IP address.
        /// </summary>
        /// <returns>IP address string</returns>
        private string GetClientIPAddress()
        {
            var clientIPAddressResolver = ServiceLocator.Current.GetInstance<IClientIPAddressResolver>();

var clientIPAddress = clientIPAddressResolver.ResolveAddress(new HttpContextWrapper(HttpContext.Current)).ToString();
            if (clientIPAddress.Equals("::1", StringComparison.OrdinalIgnoreCase))
            {
                return string.Empty;
            }

return clientIPAddress;
        }
May 09, 2016 13:28
Vote:

Thanx for reply!

It seems that the reason was freegeoip.net service though. It statrted to serve the requests and hidden profiling works as expected now.

May 11, 2016 12:05
* You are NOT allowed to include any hyperlinks in the post because your account hasn't associated to your company. User profile should be updated.