Try our conversational search powered by Generative AI!

EPiServer Forms - conditional form elements - form element events

Vote:

Hi Guys,

I'm using Forms 4.3.0 and I'm trying to create a form where if a value is selected from a "selection" element another two "text" elements are displayed.  I can get this to work using "steps" however that means that the user is required to click a button to progress to the next step, and in some cases that step wouldn't be displayed as the option they select wouldn't match the condtion to display the extra two text elements.

Ideally I'd like this to work in a single step so all form input fields are displayed at the same time and the extra two text elements are dynamically displayed.

Are the any client side "element events" I can hook into similar to the "form events"?

Are there any plans to introduce any "conditional elements"?

Would you recommend creating a "custom element" to implement my requirements. i.e. a custom selection element.  I could potentially just add the extra text inputs into the template for the custom selection element and hide/display these somehow..?

Cheers

Mark

Jan 31, 2017 8:14
Vote:

Any luck on finding a solution for this yet?  I'm looking for the same :)

Apr 11, 2018 22:33
Vote:

Conditional form elements are now in the roadmap for this year for Episerver Forms. It is possible to extend Forms to do this as my team has done it in the past, I'm not sure where the code is at the moment. 

Apr 12, 2018 9:53
Vote:

Dependency configuration for form's fields is inprogress. Field dependency allows editors to configure to show/hide (built-in actions) elements based on conditions (e.g values of other elements) as step dependency does.

Apr 16, 2018 6:39
* You are NOT allowed to include any hyperlinks in the post because your account hasn't associated to your company. User profile should be updated.