Don't miss out Virtual Happy Hour today (April 26).

Try our conversational search powered by Generative AI!

Marketing Automation Extension

Vote:

Hi,

How extensible or customizable are the marketing automation implementations, i.e. Dynamics CRM.

For example one thing we are likely to want to do is connect to the CRM see if the user is in a particular group and display specific marketing information to them.  Sort of an A/B Test connected to the CRM.

Thanks,

Phil

Jan 11, 2017 7:45
Vote:

In my experience (mostly with the Dynamics CRM connector), they are pretty much sealed and delivered as-is without notable extension points. However, they do have APIs for retrieving info about the provider (connector).

They allow for very basic communication between the external systems and Epi, and their typical usage would be:

• Adding contact details to a CRM (via Episerver Forms)
  • Adding contacts to email subscription lists in an MA system (via Episerver Forms)
  • Retrieving contact details from a CRM to use for personalisation (via Visitor Groups)

I am not 100% sure (haven't tried), but I don't think you can A/B test a personalised content segment. 

There's a demo connector that has the source code available: http://world.episerver.com/add-ons/DemoConnector/
You might want to dig around in that. 

Jan 16, 2017 15:30
* You are NOT allowed to include any hyperlinks in the post because your account hasn't associated to your company. User profile should be updated.