Don't miss out Virtual Happy Hour this Friday (April 26).

Try our conversational search powered by Generative AI!

EPiServer.Forms not using Ajax mode

Vote:

Hi!

I can't get Forms to use the Ajax-functionality in my project. Whatever I set in forms.config the form always falls back to the nonJs-version.

Strangely also the Forms tab is not showing along with Media and Block, don't know if this is related.

forms.config:

workInNonJSMode="false"
injectFormOwnJQuery="true"

The Chrome console does not show any errors.

I am using:

EPiServer.CMS.UI 9.3.8

EPiServer.Framework 9.6.1

EPiServer.Forms 1.0.0.9000

Any idea what the reason might be?

Feb 15, 2016 13:14
Vote:

I found a solution for the non-working Ajax.

The layout file was missing this in the footer:

@Html.RequiredClientResources("Footer")

Without this the Controller couldn't inject EPiServerForms.js

Feb 15, 2016 15:38
Vote:

<p>Yes, we follow the guide here to deal with client resources&nbsp;<a href="/documentation/items/developers-guide/episerver-cms/7/client-resources/client-resource-management/">http://world.episerver.com/documentation/items/developers-guide/episerver-cms/7/client-resources/client-resource-management/</a></p> <p></p> <p>Thach lockevn.</p>
Feb 18, 2016 9:17
Vote:

Bump question

I seem to have an similar issue with ajax mode not working. I can post form with postback and get an form status message but no js validation seems to be called.

I have both the requiredclientresources footer and header, get no errors in console and can call ex: console.log(epi.EPiServer.Forms);.

In form config we have set the inject own jquery to true to avoid potentiall problems with jquery version, also tried removing all our application specific scripts.

We have the latest epi cms version and latest stable epi forms.

Jun 29, 2016 13:36
Vote:

If you are running on latest Forms (2.1), please file a Support Case (with your live site  if possible). We will help you. But most of this case is something "not right/special setup" in the site template (JS, register clietnside resource, etc, ...)

Jun 29, 2016 13:40
This topic was created over six months ago and has been resolved. If you have a similar question, please create a new topic and refer to this one.
* You are NOT allowed to include any hyperlinks in the post because your account hasn't associated to your company. User profile should be updated.