Try our conversational search powered by Generative AI!

Migrating off ValidatorTypesToBeExcluded

Vote:

I'm upgrading some old forms code to move off of obsoleted methods. I've encountered the following warning message and have found no path to update a form block away from ValidatorTypesToBeExcluded on ValidatableElementBlockBase.

'HiddenEmailBlock.ValidatorTypesToBeExcluded' overrides obsolete member 'ValidatableElementBlockBase.ValidatorTypesToBeExcluded'. Add the Obsolete attribute to 'HiddenEmailBlock.ValidatorTypesToBeExcluded'. 

The method in question is:

public override Type[] ValidatorTypesToBeExcluded
        {
            get => new[]
            {
                typeof(EmailValidator),
                typeof(DateDDMMYYYYValidator),
                typeof(DateMMDDYYYYValidator),
                typeof(DateYYYYMMDDValidator),
                typeof(RegularExpressionValidator),
                typeof(IntegerValidator),
                typeof(PositiveIntegerValidator),
                typeof(RequiredValidator)
            };
            set { }
        }

Any advice on what I need to do to move this functionality to get it current would be greatly appreciated. I can't find any documentation on Forms at all and I don't see this method in a breaking change list anywhere in the updates. 

Jun 27, 2018 20:22
Vote:

You can use AvailableValidatorTypesAttribute to specify the validators for element.

[AvailableValidatorTypes(Include = new[] { typeof(RequiredValidator), typeof(IntegerValidator), typeof(PositiveIntegerValidator) })]
public class YourElementBlock : InputElementBlockBase
{
}

Jun 28, 2018 4:35
This topic was created over six months ago and has been resolved. If you have a similar question, please create a new topic and refer to this one.
* You are NOT allowed to include any hyperlinks in the post because your account hasn't associated to your company. User profile should be updated.