Try our conversational search powered by Generative AI!

Custom string property

Vote:

I would like to build a custom property based on a normal string property. The difference I would like to accomplish is that a would like to change the label depending on a value on the parent page.

Its my first go at a custom property for EPiServer 7 so I have a couple of qustions.

1. Where can I find the default dojo implementation scripts for all properties?

2. Would it be possible to get the parent page and change the label and/or deactivate property? This would have to work when creating a new page.

Any input appreciated.

/Per

Oct 02, 2013 10:15
Vote:

I saw a previous post asking for something similar. I can't find it but I think we referred to this post from Joel Abrahamsson:

http://joelabrahamsson.com/hiding-episervers-standard-category-property/

Where you should be able to find your PageData object and from there get the Parent Page.

Once you got whatever your need from the Parent Page I guess you would be able to change the metadata of your property and maybe even change the Label.

I don't have a development environment available but I hope this gives you a push in the right direction.

Oct 02, 2013 13:41
Vote:

Thanks! I will check it out.

Oct 02, 2013 15:48
Vote:

You're welcome, please leave a comment if it was useful and maybe some code with how you solved it

Oct 03, 2013 1:22
This thread is locked and should be used for reference only. Please use the Episerver CMS 7 and earlier versions forum to open new discussions.
* You are NOT allowed to include any hyperlinks in the post because your account hasn't associated to your company. User profile should be updated.