Don't miss out Virtual Happy Hour this Friday (April 26).

Try our conversational search powered by Generative AI!

Custom compontent group in assets pane

Vote:

I can create a component that will be possible to add to the assets pane using:

[Component(
  Categories = "cms",
  PlugInAreas = "/episerver/cms/assets")]

I can also add it to the default group in the assets pane, the one with blocks and files, using:

[Component(
  Categories = "cms",
  PlugInAreas = "/episerver/cms/assets/defaultgroup")]

All good. However, as a user I would like to group two components that developer-me has created in a custom group, like the default group. Unless I'm missing something, user-me can't do that, right?

Given user-me can't do that grouping developer-me would like to do that for user-me. I've accomplished that using an IViewTransformer inspired by Linus' post. Developer-me is glad I can do that, but would like an easier way to group components. For instance by specifying a group in the Component attribute.

Is there such a way?       

Feb 28, 2013 11:06
Vote:

For user you: We have conceptual scetches for grouping/ungrouping components but nothing done development wise.

For developer you: Check out this video blog to learn how to create a component group: http://www.episerver.com/About-Us/holidaycountdown2012/13-Extend-the-EPiServer-7-User-Interface/

Feb 28, 2013 11:55
Vote:

Developer-me thanks you.

Feb 28, 2013 15:12
This thread is locked and should be used for reference only. Please use the Episerver CMS 7 and earlier versions forum to open new discussions.
* You are NOT allowed to include any hyperlinks in the post because your account hasn't associated to your company. User profile should be updated.