Try our conversational search powered by Generative AI!

EPiServer 7.1 Pages and Resources Gadget problem

Vote:

Two of our local 7.1 sites have gotten a weird problem in Edit Mode. The left pane is all empty and it's seems impossible to add any gadget to it. In the right pane the Pages and Resources gadgets have been sort of merged. See screenshot:
http://krompaco.nu/files/screenshots/epi7-edit-mode-gadget-problem.png

Sorting gadgets work in the Right pane but I can't seem to remove or add gadgets.

We have a development server for EPiServer 7 with a local Jenkins built site is running. All non Program Files virtualPathProviders are shared between developers and reside on this server as well. This problem is only found on local developer IIS Express sites while the copy on the dev servers work and look as expected.

The database is shared between developers in a similiar manor.

Would be interesting to find out if anyone else seen this?

May 14, 2013 14:00
Vote:

Some inspecting shows this URL returning a 404:

/EPiServer/shell/Stores/componentsortorder/69b026d5-130a-dd7e-4ffe-acf5b12eb35e

May 14, 2013 14:37
Vote:

I have had the same issue, before and it went away.

If you log in with a different admin user then it will work, so it is tied into user profile, I don’t know how to clear, temp files and browser does not work.

Somehow it keeps the settings and is the same in different browsers.

May 14, 2013 14:41
Vote:

I deleted reference rows from the big table related EPiServer.Shell.Storage.PersonalizedViewSettingsStorage and got it working everywhere. My guess is the problem data come from when the same username is logged in and fiddles with the gadgets on different isolated servers so that the cache and data get's out of sync.

May 14, 2013 15:00
Vote:

Same thing happened to me, it's very annoying.

May 17, 2013 12:46
Vote:

This is the query I used for reference, not sure if it can cause other problems so run at own risk:

DELETE FROM [tblBigTableReference] where pkId IN (SELECT pkId FROM [tblSystemBigTable] where StoreName = 'EPiServer.Shell.Storage.PersonalizedViewSettingsStorage')

May 23, 2013 9:40
Vote:

Fast workaround (when you are afraid of queries in Production) is to just create new user and login as this user. It worked in my case.

I didn't get 404 like you but instead I get: "Uncaught TypeError: Cannot read property 'id' of undefined widgets.js:2".

Sep 25, 2013 10:33
Vote:

Check the following blog post about how to add a helper page to clear your views:

http://world.episerver.com/Blogs/Linus-Ekstrom/Dates/2013/1/Resetting-your-EPiServer-views/

This functionality will be available in the "My Settings" screen in the 7.5 release.

Sep 25, 2013 13:19
This thread is locked and should be used for reference only. Please use the Episerver CMS 7 and earlier versions forum to open new discussions.
* You are NOT allowed to include any hyperlinks in the post because your account hasn't associated to your company. User profile should be updated.