Try our conversational search powered by Generative AI!

What are the ways of creating a new fresh EPiServer application for .NET 4 and MVC 4?

Vote:

Hi,

Could you please assist with creating of a new empty EPiServer application? I know, that the easiest way is to install EPiServer Visual Studio exension. But the extension is compitable with .NET 4.5 and the latest versioin of EPiServer (8).

If I select .NET 4, EPiServer application gets created, but Episerver librarus are failed to install with the following error:

---------------------------
Microsoft Visual Studio
Package Installation Error

Could not add all required packages to the project. The following packages failed to install from 'C:\PROGRAM FILES (X86)\MICROSOFT VISUAL STUDIO 12.0\COMMON7\IDE\EXTENSIONS\YSJ24CPZ.44O\Packages':

Microsoft.AspNet.Razor.3.2.3 : Could not install package 'Microsoft.AspNet.Razor 3.2.3'. You are trying to install this package into a project that targets '.NETFramework,Version=v4.0', but the package does not contain any assembly references or content files that are compatible with that framework. For more information, contact the package author.

EPiServer.Framework.8.8.0 : Could not install package 'EPiServer.Framework 8.8.0'. You are trying to install this package into a project that targets '.NETFramework,Version=v4.0', but the package does not contain any assembly references or content files that are compatible with that framework. For more information, contact the package author.

EPiServer.Logging.Log4Net.1.0.0 : Could not install package 'EPiServer.Logging.Log4Net 1.0.0'. You are trying to install this package into a project that targets '.NETFramework,Version=v4.0', but the package does not contain any assembly references or content files that are compatible with that framework. For more information, contact the package author.

EPiServer.CMS.Core.8.8.0 : Could not install package 'EPiServer.CMS.Core 8.8.0'. You are trying to install this package into a project that targets '.NETFramework,Version=v4.0', but the package does not contain any assembly references or content files that are compatible with that framework. For more information, contact the package author.

EPiServer.CMS.UI.Core.8.2.2 : Could not install package 'EPiServer.CMS.UI.Core 8.2.2'. You are trying to install this package into a project that targets '.NETFramework,Version=v4.0', but the package does not contain any assembly references or content files that are compatible with that framework. For more information, contact the package author.

EPiServer.Packaging.3.2.2 : Could not install package 'EPiServer.Packaging 3.2.2'. You are trying to install this package into a project that targets '.NETFramework,Version=v4.0', but the package does not contain any assembly references or content files that are compatible with that framework. For more information, contact the package author.

I have an assumtion, that the packages can be istalled separately, I tried to do this, but still struggling by getting the application work.

Could you please give me some guidance on how can I build the EPiServer application compitable with MVC4 and .NET 4?

What packages should be installed separately?

What changes should be made in web.config file?

What changes should be made in Global.asax and etc?

Thank you so much in advance!

Jul 30, 2015 17:15
Vote:

Hi,

I think that from EPiServer version 7.14 (update 35) .NET Framework 4.5 is required. So the latest version with framework 4 that you could try to install is 7.13.0

Maybe you could install EPiServer 7.5 and then update Nugets to version 7.13.

Jul 30, 2015 22:29
This thread is locked and should be used for reference only. Please use the Episerver CMS 7 and earlier versions forum to open new discussions.
* You are NOT allowed to include any hyperlinks in the post because your account hasn't associated to your company. User profile should be updated.