Try our conversational search powered by Generative AI!

Migration to R2 on a SQL Server 2008

Vote:

I'm having a huge problem here.

First of all, I got  the following error: Error - User ‘dbo' does not have permission to run DBCC TRACEON. When trying to installa  clean epi5 site. I had to give the user sysadmin rights in order to proceed. 

Anyway, once it was installed and everything was prepared to try and do a migration, it just dies on "Migrating Data". Does nothing else. 

So I figured that the migration tool simply hates sql server 2008. The annoying part is that I can't backup the databases I've been working on and restore them to a 2005 environment to make the migration there, cause there's no backwards compatibility with sql server. Well, there are some workarounds but still nothing that you wish to do a few times. 

Am I missing something here? Has anyone succeded on running a migration on a SQL Server 2008 environment?

Feb 06, 2009 11:55
This thread is locked and should be used for reference only. Please use the Episerver CMS 7 and earlier versions forum to open new discussions.
* You are NOT allowed to include any hyperlinks in the post because your account hasn't associated to your company. User profile should be updated.