Don't miss out Virtual Happy Hour today (April 26).

Try our conversational search powered by Generative AI!

Many-to-many relation in EPiServer CRM model

Vote:

Hello.

My business task is: there are "sections" and there are "teasers" in it. System should enable users to add new "sections" and attach "teasers" to it. As I undersatnd it can be done, if I create "sections" like pages, and attach "teasers" to each page as property. I know, that it is possible to create property as collection of items: http://labs.episerver.com/en/Blogs/Anders-Hattestad/Dates/2008/10/Properties-in-CMS-5/ .

The problem is: requirements say, that each "section" may contain many "teasers",and each teaser can be included in many "sections".

I have some thoughts about hot to implement it (create "teasers" not like properties, but like pages, and create LinkCollection property it each section to refer "teasers"), but probably  there is some standard solution of such task?

Jul 24, 2009 10:06
Vote:

What you could do is to have your teasers as pages and link to with a LinkCollection .

Or you could when you create a section also create a corrosonding keyword, and tag the teasers with one or more keywords. (sorting is a problem then)

Jul 26, 2009 8:17
Vote:

Thank you Anders!

I will try to use LinkCollection.

Jul 28, 2009 7:50
This thread is locked and should be used for reference only. Please use the Episerver CMS 7 and earlier versions forum to open new discussions.
* You are NOT allowed to include any hyperlinks in the post because your account hasn't associated to your company. User profile should be updated.