Try our conversational search powered by Generative AI!

File Management

Vote:

Does File management under Global files overwriting css files is not featured.

Can anybody let me know, if i overwrite css files under Global files in File Management results in 404 page and when you go back you have a TMP file in that folder.

Please let me know, if anybody having any clue of such odd behaviour.

Thanks and Regards,
Alexander.

Nov 03, 2011 11:02
Vote:

Hi

I'm not sure I understand your question, but I can say that Episerver will generate a .tmp file in the file archive if you try to overwrite another file. If you then choose to overwrite the file, the .tmp file will be deleted. 

Nov 04, 2011 13:17
Vote:

Hi Andreas,

Thanks you so much for your response.

But in my scenario, i asks for overwrite but when i click on yes button it show me page not found error page and then once again when i click on global files i could see the .tmp file. My question is why isnt it getting overwritten and why such page not found error.

Please Guys, if any anybody can squeeze into my problem and share the solutions. It would be of Great Help!

Nov 07, 2011 9:01
Vote:

Hi Andreas,

The problem exists only for .css and .js extension file types. Overwriting files are fine other file types ex. .jpg, .pdf, etc.

When trying to upload it, the image gets uploaded, however the .tmp file remains in that folder and it is throwing 500 error.

Regards,

Raja

Mar 23, 2012 17:31
Vote:

Solved it by adding the file types in the Fileconfiguration.config

Regards,

Raja

Oct 08, 2014 16:03
This thread is locked and should be used for reference only. Please use the Episerver CMS 7 and earlier versions forum to open new discussions.
* You are NOT allowed to include any hyperlinks in the post because your account hasn't associated to your company. User profile should be updated.