Don't miss out Virtual Happy Hour today (April 26).

Try our conversational search powered by Generative AI!

Custom page provider and dynamic content

Vote:

Hi All

I've pages coming from custom page provider - I thought i should be able to insert dynamic content in these pages and save those back to their data source .

When I click on insert dynamic content icon on editor  - instead of opening the \dialogos\dynamiccontent.aspx' it gives me 404 page not found error.

I further investigated and found that EPiServer is unable to find the 'CurrentPage' while opening the dialog  . Here is the stack trace - and looks like it is trying to load the page from its internal db

EPiServer.Core.PageNotFoundException: Page 5011 was not found
   at EPiServer.DataAccess.PageLoadDB.LoadPageInternal(PageReference pageLink, Int32 languageBranchId, IDataReader reader)
   at EPiServer.DataAccess.PageLoadDB.<>c__DisplayClass1.<LoadPage>b__0()
   at EPiServer.DataAccess.DataAccessBase.<>c__DisplayClass1`1.<Execute>b__0()
   at EPiServer.DataAccess.DatabaseFactory.Execute[TResult](Action`1 method)
   at EPiServer.DataAccess.DataAccessBase.Execute[TResult](Action`1 action)
   at EPiServer.Core.PageProviderBase.<>c__DisplayClass4.<GetPageInternal>b__3()
   at EPiServer.Core.OptimisticCache`1.Read(String cacheKey, ReadAndCacheObject`1 readAndCacheObject)

Regards

Muhammad

Feb 03, 2011 11:22
Vote:

I quess this has something to do with that you onluy get the page id and not the provider key

This is a workaround on sometjing simular

http://labs.episerver.com/en/Blogs/Anders-Hattestad/Dates/2009/8/Properties-in-Dynamic-Content-donrsquot-know-what-CurrentPage-is/

maybe that can help you

Feb 03, 2011 12:01
Vote:

Thanks Anders

We are already using this adapter  - I've now found why this is happening but still dont know how to resolve this . We are using CMS 6 which was upgradred from CMS 5 site so still using old CMS episerver editor . However when I changed my page to use CMS 6 (TinyMce), it works fine

but throws 404 error for CMS 5 editors. I'm currently investigating this but please do let me know if you can see why this is happening.

Many Thanks

Muhammad

Feb 03, 2011 15:07
This thread is locked and should be used for reference only. Please use the Episerver CMS 7 and earlier versions forum to open new discussions.
* You are NOT allowed to include any hyperlinks in the post because your account hasn't associated to your company. User profile should be updated.