Try our conversational search powered by Generative AI!

EPiServer CMS 6 R2 Release install problem

Vote:

I'm trying to install the brand new CMS 6 R2 that was released yesterday - and as the lazy guy I am, I'm trying the Express install option.

I got an error saying something about missing something and MVC, so I installed MVC first, and then tried again.

Well... Same problem:

Error - Method not found: 'System.Web.Mvc.ModelValidatorProviderCollection System.Web.Mvc.ModelValidatorProviders.get_Providers()'.

Error details:

At C:\Program Files (x86)\EPiServer\CMS\6.1.379.0\Install\Modules\AlloyTech\Install AlloyTech.ps1:100 char:20
+ Add-EPiServerData <<<< $importSource $selectedWebApplication.PhysicalPath $selectedWebApplication.ApplicationName -updateStartPageAttribute
System.MissingMethodException: Method not found: 'System.Web.Mvc.ModelValidatorProviderCollection System.Web.Mvc.ModelValidatorProviders.get_Providers()'.
at EPiServer.Web.InitializationModule.InitializeVisitorGroup()
at EPiServer.Web.InitializationModule.<Initialize>b__2d()
at EPiServer.Web.InitializeEngine.Initialize()
at EPiServer.Web.InitializationModule.Initialize(EPiServerSection config, Settings settings, ConnectionStringSettingsCollection connectionStringSettings)
at EPiServer.Web.InitializationModule.Initialize(InitializationEngine context)
at EPiServer.Framework.Initialization.InitializationEngine.InitializeModules()
at EPiServer.Framework.Initialization.InitializationEngine.Initialize(HostType hostType)
at EPiServer.Framework.Initialization.InitializationModule.Initialize(HostType hostType)
at EPiServer.Framework.Initialization.InitializationModule.FrameworkInitialization(HostType hostType)
at EPiServer.Install.CMS.Common.EPiServerCMSWrapper.InitalizeEPiServer(String webConfigPath)
at EPiServer.Install.CMS.Common.EPiServerCMSWrapper.Initialize(String destinationPath, String virtualDirectory)
at EPiServer.Install.CMS.Common.EPiServerCMSWrapper.Initialize(String destinationPath, String virtualDirectory)
at EPiServer.Install.Common.AppDomains.RunInAppDomainInstaller.Install(IDictionary stateSaver)
at EPiServer.Install.InstallationManager.Install(Installer installer)
at EPiServer.Install.CMS.Modules.ModulesInstallationManager.ImportData(InstallationManager installationManager, String destinationDirectory, String virtualDirectory, String importSource, DatabaseDestination destination, Boolean updateStartPageAttribute, TimeSpan transactionTimeout)
at EPiServer.Install.CMS.Modules.CmdLets.AddEPiServerData.ProcessRecord()
at System.Management.Automation.Cmdlet.DoProcessRecord()
at System.Management.Automation.CommandProcessor.ProcessRecord()

Apr 05, 2011 12:38
Vote:

Hi Anders!

It looks like you are running in a MVC 1.0 context, since the class that seems to be missing was added in Mvc 2. Could you look if you have the System.Web.Mvc.dll file in the bin folder of your site. If this is the case, what version is it? Another thing you could check is that you have a binding redirect in web.config for the Mvc dll to version 2. Something like:

<dependentAssembly>
        <assemblyIdentity name="System.Web.Mvc" publicKeyToken="31bf3856ad364e35" culture="neutral" />
        <bindingRedirect oldVersion="1.0.0.0-2.0.0.0" newVersion="2.0.0.0" />
      </dependentAssembly>

Apr 05, 2011 14:45
Vote:

Seems there was a problem with the Visual Studio installation.

I tried another virtual machine, and it worked fine.

Apr 06, 2011 13:07
This thread is locked and should be used for reference only. Please use the Episerver CMS 7 and earlier versions forum to open new discussions.
* You are NOT allowed to include any hyperlinks in the post because your account hasn't associated to your company. User profile should be updated.