Try our conversational search powered by Generative AI!

Subscription stopped working after R2 upgrade


Hi, I am getting this error:

Exception has been thrown by the target of an invocation. [Procedure or function 'netPagePath' expects parameter '@PageID', which was not supplied.]

The problem occurs every time the subscription job runs and a page is published out to subscribers.

We are using our custom mail handler overriding the send method to manipulate the e-mail layout and we are using PTB 2.0

I can’t find out why @PageId is null after the R2 upgrade, anyone?



Feb 13, 2012 14:32

If you switch back to the original R2 handler do the problem still exist?

Feb 18, 2012 19:14

The problem is still there even if switching to original R2 handler.

We are running enterprise with load balancing nodes and the scheduler is turned off on them.

Feb 23, 2012 16:54

Maybe it could be a good idea to do a quick debug program that checks all subscriptionprofiles so you don't have got any broken profiles.

Enabling debugging could be a good idea aswell. If I remember correctly there are some debug information produced in both the subscriptionjob and the mailhandler.

I've had a lot of different problems concerings subscriptions and those are the two things I would start with.


Feb 23, 2012 19:20

I have removed all the subscribers, then I subscribe and re publish a page, it worked the day befor yesterday but stopped working. Now it has got all screwed and emailing me the same subscribtion over and over again and the same error as above is presented in the log. The flag for the job has been executed has not been set. I will investigate the debug option and run a sqltrace today.

Feb 24, 2012 8:28

Have you found out what the problem was?

Feb 28, 2012 18:53

Anyone found a solution on this? Got the same problem.

Mar 12, 2012 8:27

We got some wierd errors in admin mode. Seems that a stored procedure is not always updated correctly. See blogpost below. This solved the problems for us.

Mar 12, 2012 8:33

Hi, I have found the root to at least my problem.

We have earlier created an admin plugin to handle the subscribers. In that plugin we had a method to remove the subscribers.

The code sets the subscription object to null simply resetting the subscription. This worked well before R2 but after R2 not only did the error occur but a fault state that sends the same email every time the job runs. This resulted in one mail per minute in our test environment.

In my opinion the EPiServer scheduled job has an error that clearly should be running in a transaction scope this should not be possible to accomplish, if a mail is sent it should never ever send that mail again 


Edited, Mar 12, 2012 8:39
This thread is locked and should be used for reference only. Please use the Episerver CMS 7 and earlier versions forum to open new discussions.
* You are NOT allowed to include any hyperlinks in the post because your account hasn't associated to your company. User profile should be updated.