Try our conversational search powered by Generative AI!

Suddenly access issues with Page Files!?

Vote:

Hi,

we have 3 EPiEnvironments, Dev, Test and Prod. Yesterday, in our Test environment, we suddenly started to get access issues with Page File objects. Global files and Documents and the site as a whole works just fine except for the page specific files which just wont be accessed!?

We're running Windows Authentication with AD-SSO, as well as an ADaccount as the ApplicationPoolAccount.
The ApplicationPoolAccount has all the rights it needs for all the VPPfolders including Page Files.
If I set bypassAccessCheck="true" on the Page File VPP line in episerver.config, everything works fine.
According to Windows Auditing the VPP folder, I never get any fails for the ApplicationPoolAccount.

Fiddler shows an Error 500, but the Application Log says the following below:

Event code: 3005
Event message: An unhandled exception has occurred.
Event time: 2013-02-01 09:50:55
Event time (UTC): 2013-02-01 08:50:55
Event ID: e3545dc0e5774a3a88841306c4ea7e13
Event sequence: 103
Event occurrence: 4
Event detail code: 0

Exception information:
Exception type: HttpException
Exception message: Server cannot set status after HTTP headers have been sent.

Request information:
Request URL: http://epi.server.com/Default.aspx?id=175&epslanguage=sv
Request path: /Default.aspx
User host address: xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx
User:
Is authenticated: False
Authentication Type:
Thread account name: domain\apppoolaccount

Thread information:
Thread ID: 10
Thread account name: domain\apppoolaccount
Is impersonating: False
Stack trace: at System.Web.HttpResponse.set_StatusCode(Int32 value)
at System.Web.HttpResponse.set_Status(String value)
at EPiServer.AccessDeniedDelegateHandler.BrowserLogonAccessDenied(Object sender)
at EPiServer.PageBase.OnInit(EventArgs e)
at System.Web.UI.Control.InitRecursive(Control namingContainer)
at System.Web.UI.Page.ProcessRequestMain(Boolean includeStagesBeforeAsyncPoint, Boolean includeStagesAfterAsyncPoint)

Regards
Mikael

Feb 01, 2013 11:33
Vote:

I guess the server tries to set a 401(?) to the status header. Do you run the sites in integrated mode?

Do the users have access to the actual pages? Page files inherit their access rights from their pages.

Feb 01, 2013 14:20
Vote:

Hi,

yeah it probably does.
All our sites are being run in Integrated Windows Authentication (Windows Authentication since IIS7) via the EpiServer MultiplexingRoleProvider.
The pages can be accessed fine, just the pics/objects stored in Page Files.
I can browse the files through the Epi file manager (don't really know the name of it) and see all the files in Page Files, but as soon as I try to Open/Edit/Delete I get an error. Even if I try to add a new file!

Feb 01, 2013 14:31
Vote:

Update:

Never managed to solve this "the right" way, i.e. understand the problem, so I ended up with reinstalling the server and did a move from our productionenvironment to the testenvironment, now it works like a charm.

Can't still understand why it happened and why only Page Files was affected.

Feb 08, 2013 11:27
Vote:

Update:

Never managed to solve this "the right" way, i.e. understand the problem, so I ended up with reinstalling the server and did a move from our productionenvironment to the testenvironment, now it works like a charm.

Can't still understand why it happened and why only Page Files was affected.

Feb 08, 2013 11:27
This thread is locked and should be used for reference only. Please use the Episerver CMS 7 and earlier versions forum to open new discussions.
* You are NOT allowed to include any hyperlinks in the post because your account hasn't associated to your company. User profile should be updated.