we have 3 EPiEnvironments, Dev, Test and Prod. Yesterday, in our Test environment, we suddenly started to get access issues with Page File objects. Global files and Documents and the site as a whole works just fine except for the page specific files which just wont be accessed!?We're running Windows Authentication with AD-SSO, as well as an ADaccount as the ApplicationPoolAccount.The ApplicationPoolAccount has all the rights it needs for all the VPPfolders including Page Files.If I set bypassAccessCheck="true" on the Page File VPP line in episerver.config, everything works fine.According to Windows Auditing the VPP folder, I never get any fails for the ApplicationPoolAccount.Fiddler shows an Error 500, but the Application Log says the following below:
Event code: 3005Event message: An unhandled exception has occurred.Event time: 2013-02-01 09:50:55Event time (UTC): 2013-02-01 08:50:55Event ID: e3545dc0e5774a3a88841306c4ea7e13Event sequence: 103Event occurrence: 4Event detail code: 0
Exception information:Exception type: HttpExceptionException message: Server cannot set status after HTTP headers have been sent.
Request information:Request URL: http://epi.server.com/Default.aspx?id=175&epslanguage=svRequest path: /Default.aspxUser host address: xxx.xxx.xxx.xxxUser:Is authenticated: FalseAuthentication Type:Thread account name: domain\apppoolaccount
Thread information:Thread ID: 10Thread account name: domain\apppoolaccountIs impersonating: FalseStack trace: at System.Web.HttpResponse.set_StatusCode(Int32 value)at System.Web.HttpResponse.set_Status(String value)at EPiServer.AccessDeniedDelegateHandler.BrowserLogonAccessDenied(Object sender)at EPiServer.PageBase.OnInit(EventArgs e)at System.Web.UI.Control.InitRecursive(Control namingContainer)at System.Web.UI.Page.ProcessRequestMain(Boolean includeStagesBeforeAsyncPoint, Boolean includeStagesAfterAsyncPoint)
I guess the server tries to set a 401(?) to the status header. Do you run the sites in integrated mode?
Do the users have access to the actual pages? Page files inherit their access rights from their pages.
yeah it probably does.All our sites are being run in Integrated Windows Authentication (Windows Authentication since IIS7) via the EpiServer MultiplexingRoleProvider.The pages can be accessed fine, just the pics/objects stored in Page Files.I can browse the files through the Epi file manager (don't really know the name of it) and see all the files in Page Files, but as soon as I try to Open/Edit/Delete I get an error. Even if I try to add a new file!
Never managed to solve this "the right" way, i.e. understand the problem, so I ended up with reinstalling the server and did a move from our productionenvironment to the testenvironment, now it works like a charm.
Can't still understand why it happened and why only Page Files was affected.