Try our conversational search powered by Generative AI!

MetaObjectValidationException: Invalid validators:

Vote:

I'm having an issue with business object constraints. The field in the business object is locked so I can't modify it throught the Commerce UI. This is the current issue I'm getting:

Server Error in '/' Application.
Invalid validators:
[0] The field value is too long '184'. Max length of the 'PaymentChoice' field is equal 50.
Description: An unhandled exception occurred during the execution of the current web request. Please review the stack trace for more information about the error and where it originated in the code.

Exception Details: Mediachase.BusinessFoundation.Data.Meta.MetaObjectValidationException: Invalid validators:
[0] The field value is too long '184'. Max length of the 'PaymentChoice' field is equal 50.

Source Error:

An unhandled exception was generated during the execution of the current web request. Information regarding the origin and location of the exception can be identified using the exception stack trace below.

Stack Trace:

[MetaObjectValidationException: Invalid validators:
]
   Mediachase.BusinessFoundation.Data.Meta.MetaObject.OnSaving() +375
   Mediachase.BusinessFoundation.Data.Meta.MetaObject.Save(Boolean forceSave) +26
   Mediachase.BusinessFoundation.Data.Business.EntityObjectDefaultRequestHandler.Update(BusinessContext context) +452
   Mediachase.BusinessFoundation.Data.Business.EntityObjectDefaultRequestHandler.Execute(BusinessContext context) +529
   Mediachase.BusinessFoundation.Data.Business.BusinessManager.Execute(Request request) +369
   Mediachase.Commerce.Manager.Apps.MetaUIEntity.Tabs.EntityEditTab.SaveChanges(IDictionary context) +1445
   Mediachase.Commerce.Manager.Core.Controls.EditViewControl.SaveChanges(IDictionary context) +280
   Mediachase.Commerce.Manager.Core.SaveControl.OnSaveChanges(Object sender, EventArgs e) +58
   System.Web.UI.WebControls.Button.RaisePostBackEvent(String eventArgument) +155
   System.Web.UI.Page.ProcessRequestMain(Boolean includeStagesBeforeAsyncPoint, Boolean includeStagesAfterAsyncPoint) +3804

Version Information: Microsoft .NET Framework Version:4.0.30319; ASP.NET Version:4.0.30319.18044 

I'm want to change that length constraint to 200 or so. The only way of doing this is via the database. Something I've tried and haven't worked either.

Thanks in advance for any advice.

Jun 25, 2013 18:14
This thread is locked and should be used for reference only. Please use the Episerver CMS 7 and earlier versions forum to open new discussions.
* You are NOT allowed to include any hyperlinks in the post because your account hasn't associated to your company. User profile should be updated.