Try our conversational search powered by Generative AI!

Error in EPiServer Manager

Vote:

I get this error while loading EPiServer Manager (after updating to release) System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object. at ElektroPost.Win32.Metabase.IIsWebServer.get_ServerUrl() at EPiServerManager.Components.WebSite..ctor(IManagerEntity parent, IIsWebServer site) at EPiServerManager.Components.WebServer.LoadWebSites() at EPiServerManager.Controls.ManagerTreeView.Load() at EPiServerManager.Forms.MainForm.DoRefresh() at EPiServerManager.Forms.MainForm.SetupSiteTree() at EPiServerManager.Forms.MainForm.MainForm_Load(Object sender, EventArgs e) at System.Windows.Forms.Form.OnLoad(EventArgs e) at System.Windows.Forms.Form.OnCreateControl() at System.Windows.Forms.Control.CreateControl(Boolean fIgnoreVisible) at System.Windows.Forms.Control.CreateControl() at System.Windows.Forms.Control.WmShowWindow(Message& m) at System.Windows.Forms.Control.WndProc(Message& m) at System.Windows.Forms.ScrollableControl.WndProc(Message& m) at System.Windows.Forms.ContainerControl.WndProc(Message& m) at System.Windows.Forms.Form.WmShowWindow(Message& m) at System.Windows.Forms.Form.WndProc(Message& m) at System.Windows.Forms.Control.ControlNativeWindow.OnMessage(Message& m) at System.Windows.Forms.Control.ControlNativeWindow.WndProc(Message& m) at System.Windows.Forms.NativeWindow.Callback(IntPtr hWnd, Int32 msg, IntPtr wparam, IntPtr lparam)
Sep 17, 2007 10:34
Vote:

Does the Manager have some problems with Vista (iis7)?
Sep 20, 2007 17:47
Vote:

Hi, See this article about configuring Vista with EPiServer. http://www.episerver.com/no/EPiServer_Knowledge_Center/News--Information/News-Knowledge-Center/New-article-on-Vista-and-IIS7-in-EPiServer-development/
Sep 25, 2007 12:16
Vote:

This applies to EPiServer 4.61 - I use the EPiServer CMS Manager. I got the RC versions running just fine, but when the Manager upgraded to release I got that error.
Sep 25, 2007 16:50
Vote:

Hi thomas,

I have the same problem, did you manage to solve it?

System info:

IIS7.

WIndows vista with IIS 6 support.

Running multiple sites.

Framework 1.1 , 2.0 and 3.5 installed.

Episerver manager and Episerver CMS manager give the same error (have some 4.xx sites installed for the Episerver manager)

cheers

Diego Delfino

Sep 15, 2008 13:48
Vote:

I solved the problem, had to reinstall the frameworks.

Im developing in Vista/IIS 7 and had the problem for both the episerver CMS manager  and the previous one for Episerver 4.xx

I also had to delete some metadata for the IIS 7 located in the file applicationHost.config under C:\Windows\System32\inetsrv\config

From what I read on the internet this seems to be a problem in IIS 7 that doesn't delete metadata information about sites that are removed from IIS 7. Make sure to make a copy of the file before editing it.

Also start with my second recomendation before you reinstal frameworks wich is a  lot harder for the system.

hope this helps

Diego Delfino

Oct 08, 2008 15:53
This thread is locked and should be used for reference only. Please use the Episerver CMS 7 and earlier versions forum to open new discussions.
* You are NOT allowed to include any hyperlinks in the post because your account hasn't associated to your company. User profile should be updated.