Try our conversational search powered by Generative AI!

New User Control -Could not load type

Vote:

Following http://world.episerver.com/en/Get-Started/Developing-with-EPiServer-CMS/Getting-Started-Developing-with-EPiServer-CMS-5/Getting-Started-Sub-Menu/

I have created a SubMenu, however I am getting the error below

Server Error in '/' Application.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Parser Error
Description: An error occurred during the parsing of a resource required to service this request. Please review the following specific parse error details and modify your source file appropriately.

Parser Error Message: Could not load type 'EPiServer.Templates.RelatePlus.UserControls.SubMenu'.

Source Error:

Line 1: <%@ Control Language="C#" AutoEventWireup="false" CodeBehind="SubMenu.ascx.cs" Inherits="EPiServer.Templates.RelatePlus.UserControls.SubMenu" %>
Line 2:
Line 3:

Source File: /Templates/RelatePlus/UserControls/SubMenu.ascx Line: 1

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Version Information: Microsoft .NET Framework Version:2.0.50727.3053; ASP.NET Version:2.0.50727.3053

May 27, 2009 3:57
Vote:

It looks like your assembly does not contain your newly created class. Did you rebuild the project?
May 27, 2009 7:41
Vote:

Hi Saar,

I would first of all check the namespace of your class SubMenu.cs, the namespace you be EPiServer.Templates.RelatePlus.UserControls and then make sure you have compiled the project.

Best regards,
Tom

May 27, 2009 20:01
Vote:

I think the namespace is ok, the build was good too

SubMenu.ascx
<%@ Control Language="C#" AutoEventWireup="false" CodeBehind="SubMenu.ascx.cs" Inherits="EPiServer.Templates.RelatePlus.UserControls.SubMenu" %>

SubMenu.ascx.cs
namespace EPiServer.Templates.RelatePlus.UserControls

May 27, 2009 21:21
Vote:

Hi Saar,

It's seems like you were using the wrong type of project; Web Site instead of Web Application. Hopefully it will do the trick to change this!

//Tom

Jun 01, 2009 16:23
This thread is locked and should be used for reference only. Please use the Legacy add-ons forum to open new discussions.
* You are NOT allowed to include any hyperlinks in the post because your account hasn't associated to your company. User profile should be updated.