Try our conversational search powered by Generative AI!

Nugets shouldn't install Configs everywhere

Vote:

After my last update (to 8.7.1), I got a Configs-folder full of config files in all the projects referencing some nuget package. This should be avoided, for example by seeing what project type it is or if there is no "Config" or "Configs" folder in it already, don't add. I don't want my solution scattered with unnecessary files.

Jan 29, 2015 16:31
Vote:

And the same goes for the modules-folder, don't include it in non-web projects/projects that are not the EPiServer project. (i.e. look for episerver.config or something beneath the $(ProjectDir).

Jan 29, 2015 16:32
Vote:

Exactly which nuget packages are you adding?

which config files gets added?

Jan 29, 2015 21:12
Vote:

I have the same questions as Alf :) Have not seen this yet at least and I updated a project today to latest episerver cms and find release.

Edited, Jan 29, 2015 23:56
Vote:

The script would check if the web project does not contain configs folder, then it will copy the config folder. And if you want to install Commerce on non-web project, please install EPiServer.Commerce.Core package instead.

Jan 30, 2015 3:40
Vote:

I guess i just updated them all, including the EPiServer.Commerce.8.7.1, which gave me the Configs folder.

The modules folder obviosuly comes from EPiServer.CMS.UI.7.19.0.

This was all done with Update-Package.

I don't remember exactly what and where all the things ended up, since I cleaned it away before committing the changes, but at least i had modules/ in one of my test projects, and Configs at least two non-web-projects.

Jan 30, 2015 9:05
Vote:

Yeah, the modules folder comes with EPiServer.CMS.UI and EPiServer.Commerce.UI packages, and they should not be installed on non-web project.

Assuming that you are using Git, I think you can add those files/folder to .gitignore so you don't have to clean them before commiting changes.

Jan 30, 2015 9:49
Vote:

Yeaah, I guess you can just pretend this post didn't exist. A few minutes of solving my own dependency issues fixed everything, so 'twas my bad all along!

Jan 30, 2015 10:10
This thread is locked and should be used for reference only.
* You are NOT allowed to include any hyperlinks in the post because your account hasn't associated to your company. User profile should be updated.