Don't miss out Virtual Happy Hour this Friday (April 26).

Try our conversational search powered by Generative AI!

Go to parent Block

Vote:

It would be great if it was possible to go to the parent Block of the current Block. Sometimes you have the Back-Functionality, but it's not always working and not exactly what is needed. Most people need to navigate through the block hierarchy, for example if you translate content. You will localize a deep child block in all langauges, then you want to go to the parent block to find the next child in that container which needs translation. But it's not possible, you have to go through the page tree to find your page, then your block, it's child and so on until you find then one that you are searching. It should be possible to go directly to the parent.

So basically make "For This Block" clickable:

In this screenshot the message "this item is not used anywhere" is misleading. Actually it is used, but all blocks are in draft of the same project.

Edited, Sep 11, 2020 10:01
Vote:

What if the block is used in more than one location?

EPiServer.Labs.BlockEnhancements could be helpful when working with block in block in block in block....
https://world.episerver.com/blogs/bartosz-sekula/dates/2019/8/new-version-of-episerver-labs-blockenhancements-v0-2-0/

Sep 11, 2020 11:43
Vote:

Thanks for the answer. Yes, i understand the problem that blocks can be reused in different locations. 

Maybe it's something else that i'm missing. If the blocks were not in draft i could see where they are used. But as noted under the screenshot above, they are currently in draft and it says that it's not used anywhere. I needed the same functionality for the draft version of the current project that you have with published content, for example "Changes made here will affect at least x items":

Is there a reason why we don't have it if the content is not published?

Edited, Sep 11, 2020 12:17
This thread is locked and should be used for reference only.
* You are NOT allowed to include any hyperlinks in the post because your account hasn't associated to your company. User profile should be updated.