Episerver - update 284
New releases of Episerver CMS UI (support for opening action items in new window), Episerver Commerce (batch-saving API, incremental product exports, change currencies and markets, and using multiple channel tokens, as well as a critical bug fix), Episerver Profile Store & Episerver Insight (segments based on tracking events available in visitor groups), and the Marketing Automation connector for Microsoft Dynamics (create new entities for multiple form submissions). Bug fixes for Episerver TinyMCE (including a hot fix for CMS 10) and Episerver Service API.
The update applies to Episerver projects version 7.5 and higher, and contains finalized work items included in the latest iteration. Continuous release updates are cumulative to include previous updates. Episerver supports all platform updates and strongly recommends that you keep ongoing projects up-to-date. You can install the updates from the Episerver NuGet feed.
This release information lists updated main package versions for the Episerver platform. When a release is built, other dependent packages also may be bumped to new versions, although they contain no publicly visible changes. This is done to avoid dependency errors. When you upgrade, NuGet alerts you to upgrade related packages to the required versions. For Commerce, it is important to ensure that you are running the same version of CMS and Commerce, both in the front-end and back-end applications.
Updated main packages
Click a package in the list to see work item details.
Episerver CMS UI
- CMS-14304: Support for opening action items in a new window
The new navigation broke PopupMenuItem functionality, as the items no longer opened in a new window.
In general, window.open should be avoided as it is bad for accessibility and can have performance implications. Instead, you should set target="_blank" for action items in the new navigation to support opening in a new window.
For this reason, PopupMenuItem should be obsoleted, and the use of UrlMenuItem with the Target property set should be promoted.
- EPiServer.CMS.TinyMce 2.9.0
- EPiServer.CMS.TinyMce.1.1.1 (Hot fix for CMS 10. Fixes bug CMS-14712.) See Bartosz Sekula's blog post.
- COM-9985: Introduce a simple batch-saving API
A simple batch-saving API is needed to improve performance in case validations, events, and versions are not required.
- COM-9588: Incremental product exports
A new feature exports your product feed (catalog) to Episerver Perform incrementally. This scheduled job (Export product feed incrementally) keeps Episerver Personalization up-to-date with product changes without exporting the entire catalog.
- COM-9704: Change currencies and markets
On the Customer Service Representative screen, a customer support rep can change the market and/or currency of the cart or order.
- COM-9236: Allow for using multiple channel tokens
This feature lets you tag tracking requests with a channel.
A channel identifies the type of application or device that a site visitor uses. Standard values are "web" and "mobileweb".
- PROF-4744:Visitor Group implementation for filtering segments
Segments based on tracking events are now available in visitor groups.
- MAI-1707: Choose behavior of multiple form submissions in same session
Previously, multiple form submissions in the same session updated the entity created on the first submission. Now you can change this behavior to create a new entity on every submission, similar to the way the Salesforce, Pardot, and Marketo connectors work.
Use a drop-down box on the admin settings screen to choose the desired behavior.
- Update 257 included breaking changes for Commerce 13.
- Update 256 included breaking changes for Episerver Languages.
- Update 218 included breaking changes for Service API 5.
- Update 210 included breaking changes for Commerce 12 and Spellchecker for TinyMCE 2.
- Update 208 included breaking changes for Episerver Find 13.
- Update 189 included breaking changes for Episerver CMS 11.
- For previous notifications, see update 188.
- Release notes. Latest changes with work item details.
- New features in Episerver. Summary of new functionality.
- Installing Episerver updates. Adding the NuGet feed and installing updates.
- Episerver Beta features. About Beta releases and how to enable them.
- The Episerver continuous release process. About continuous releases and deployment.
Last updated: Oct 07, 2019