EPiServer - update 78
New feature in EPiServer CMS for adding multiple content references to a property, ADFS support for Commerce Manager, and bug fixes for CMS and Commerce.
The update is applicable to EPiServer projects version 7.5 and higher, and contains finalized work items included in the latest iteration. The update is available for installation from the EPiServer NuGet feed. Continuous release updates are cumulative, meaning that the latest includes previous updates. All platform updates are supported and we strongly recommend that you keep ongoing projects up-to-date.
Click a package in the list below to see work item details. See Release notes for an overview of latest changes. See Installing EPiServer updates for information about installing EPiServer updates using NuGet. See New features in EPiServer for a seasonal summary of new functionality for end users and developers.
EPiServer CMS UI
- #121387: Property for multiple content reference
This feature lets you drag different content type items into a property. Use this when you want to add pages and images to create a carousel switching between content items to display. This feature is also used in Commerce to add products, variants, packages and bundles when creating discounts.
See Restricting content types in properties and Built-in property types for more information.
- #117366: ADFS support for Commerce Manager
ADFS support is now added so that internal system users for Commerce Manager can be managed through an AD, in a similar fashion as for CMS and Commerce.
See AspNet Identity OWIN authentication and Mixed mode and OWIN authentication for more information.
Issues with NuGet updates
In some specific upgrading scenarios you might experience issues with the dependency chains, due to issues in NuGet. This mostly affects Commerce and Find, but also might occur when updating CMS. The workaround is usually to update the packages one-by-one. The issue was fixed in NuGet 126.96.36.199 but requires Visual Studio 2015, see Issues with NuGet package updates.
Note the following version-specific information:
- From update 66, EPiServer Commerce only features that are Azure Database compliant are available by default; non-compliant features have to be manually configured.
- Update 55 included breaking changes for CMS and Find.
- From update 40, workflows are disabled by default to simplify Azure deployment. See Activating workflows for information about enabling them.
- Update 36 included breaking changes for Commerce; see Breaking changes Commerce 8.
- From update 35, .NET Framework 4.5 is required; see System requirements and Upgrading to .NET Framework 4.5.
- From update 6, EPiServer UI components (CMS and Commerce after version 7.6.0) were converted to NuGet packages. Location of packages have changed and might affect the installation if you are going from the first to the latest update; see Changes to package locations.
- Installing EPiServer updates – adding the NuGet feed and installing EPiServer updates to existing solutions.
- About the EPiServer continuous release process – deployment options with the EPiServer continuous releases.
- Releasing beta features – a blog about beta releases.
Last updated: Aug 17, 2015