Optimizely - update 378
Optimizely Content Cloud Version 12 and Commerce Cloud Version 14 on .NET 5 represent our most significant update in the underlying code foundation on which Optimizely builds its CMS and Commerce. Highlights include:
- Performance. Significant improvements in multiple areas.
- Cross Platform Support. Hosting and development on different OS.
- Easier Development Process. Improved configuration management, dependency injection, lesser lines of code, and portable libraries.
- Modern Tech. Microsoft released .NET Core in 2016 to support portability and a unified approach for implementing on different machines such as Web, Windows Desktop/Store/Phone, and so on.
- Open Source. Transparency and abundance of support letting the community participate and have faster release cycles.
For information about the move to .NET 5, see Welcome to our information hub.
More on releases
- See detailed release notes
- Release notes for Optimizely B2B Commerce, B2B Analytics, and PIM
- Installing Optimizely updates
- Optimizely services and product lifecycles
- The Optimizely continuous release process
Last updated: Sep 28, 2021