Optimizely - update 378
Optimizely Content Cloud Version 12 and Commerce Cloud Version 14 on .NET 5 represent our most significant update in the underlying code foundation on which Optimizely builds its CMS and Commerce. Highlights include:
- Performance. Significant improvements in multiple areas.
- Cross Platform Support. Hosting and development on different OS.
- Easier Development Process. Improved configuration management, dependency injection, lesser lines of code, and portable libraries.
- Modern Tech. Microsoft released .NET Core in 2016 to support portability and a unified approach for implementing on different machines such as Web, Windows Desktop/Store/Phone, and so on.
- Open Source. Transparency and abundance of support letting the community participate and have faster release cycles.
For information, see the following topics:
- Welcome to our information hub for information about the move to .NET 5.
- Upgrading to Content Cloud (CMS 12)
- Breaking changes in Content Cloud (CMS 12)
- Why upgrade to Content Cloud (CMS 12)?
- Upgrade Assistant
More on releases
- See detailed release notes
- See only new features - filter on Feature in release notes
- See only end-user features - filter on UI Feature in release notes
- See only critical bug fixes - filter on Critical Bug in release notes
- Release notes for Optimizely B2B Commerce, B2B Analytics, and PIM
- Installing Optimizely updates
- Optimizely services and product lifecycles
- The Optimizely continuous release process
Last updated: Sep 28, 2021