Don't miss out Virtual Happy Hour this Friday (April 26).

Try our conversational search powered by Generative AI!

Sort Index

Vote:

Hi,

I have an EPiServer site that has a default language of Spanish. I want the user to be able to set the sort index while still editing in Spanish, currently I have to return to english in order to do this.

Has anyone got any advice?

Regards,

Ian

Mar 12, 2009 17:15
Vote:

Hmm. Since sort index is a "built in" property you can't set it to "unique value per langue".

I guess that one thing you could try is to do a custom sort index property that is only displayd if the language is spanish.

And when it it's saved overwrite the default sortindex value whit the value from the custom property. If that don't work another aproach could be to attach to one of the Page_Save events in Global.asax and do the change of the sorting index there.

Hope this could be of some help.

Br

Per N

Edited, Mar 13, 2009 10:10
Vote:

Thanks Per,

That might be an alternative appraoch. Although I do not need the sort index to be different per language I just want to be editable in any language, at present, if in Spanish the sort index drop down is disabled.

Some way of enabling it would be enough.

Thanks,

ian 

Mar 13, 2009 11:32
Vote:

Could be tricky. As far as I know it's the EPiServer.UI.WebControls.PropertyDataform that renders the properties. Atleast the ones you have added to your pagetype. Maybe you could make your own version.

/Per

Edited, Mar 13, 2009 15:41
Vote:

What you could do is to make a edit plugin that only attach to the Populate event that renders the edit tree

look at

http://labs.episerver.com/en/Blogs/Anders-Hattestad/Dates/2009/1/Show-value-of-a-inherit-property-in-Edit-mode/

and

http://labs.episerver.com/en/Blogs/Anders-Hattestad/Dates/2009/2/PropertyDate-and-editores-in-different-TimeZone/

You can there change that the sort index is editeble on spanish. the only tricky part then is to actully make it to save. There are numbers of way of doing this, but you can try first to replace the local language sort index property with the master language property and see what happens :)

Mar 14, 2009 17:54
Vote:

Thanks a lot guys.

Much appreciated

Mar 16, 2009 11:47
* You are NOT allowed to include any hyperlinks in the post because your account hasn't associated to your company. User profile should be updated.