Try our conversational search powered by Generative AI!

Live Monitor + Commerce issues

Vote:

Hi,

Background:

Have a client who wants Live Monitor add on. For CMS part it's working fine. I can see all content and follow the users as they go. 

The problem is for commerce and as soon as a user enter a category/product page the user is gone from the interface due the catalog isn't showing in the Live Monitor Gadget window.

Our site:

Episerver CMS 10.3.2

Episerver Commerce 10.2.3

EPiServer.LiveMonitor 8.4.0 (latest as of today)

EPiServer.LiveMonitor.Commerce 8.4.0. (extension to make it work with commerce)

Problem 1 - Set both CMS and Commerce at same time? Not Possible?

In LiveMonitor.config i've set the monitoringTarget to point to our CMS root.

I was expecting something similiar to set the catalog root id? If i try set both CMS and Commerce i'll ofc get "The element may only appear once in this section." error. 

We want to be able to trace a User going from CMS over to our Catalog products. Is this not possible?

Problem 2 - Set a Catalog as monitoringTarget 

When i try settinging our root Catalog as the monitoring target in Live Monitor configs nothing will show in the Live Monitor window.

It works fine when i try for Categories and Products as expected due it states in the documentation that NodeContent, ProductContent and VariationContent is added to Commerce TypeFilter (commerce-support-extension).

This is how i set a commerce Category in the config (important to add "__CatalogContent" which i missed at first):

So I tried adding another filter for both CatalogContent and NodeContentBase but still not able to set catalog as monitoringTarget:

public class CommerceCatalogTypeFilter : EPiServer.LiveMonitor.Services.TypeFilter
	{
		public CommerceCatalogTypeFilter()
			: base(
				  Assembly.GetExecutingAssembly().GetName().Name,
				new List
					{
						typeof(CatalogContent),
						typeof(NodeContentBase)
		})
		{
		}
	}

and initmodule:

container.For(null).Singleton().Use();

Someone have a example of doing this? Or am I missing something?

The Live Monitor Addon will be very useless if we only can target a specific Category as the monitoringTaget and not Catalog. An example of our catalog tree explains it abit more clear:

https://www.screencast.com/t/FHGhVHD2EY

Br,

Tobias 

Edited, Feb 27, 2017 13:12
* You are NOT allowed to include any hyperlinks in the post because your account hasn't associated to your company. User profile should be updated.