EPiServer - update 84
This release contains a bug fix for EPiServer Languages, Social Reach and Google Analytics for EPiServer, solving a compatibility issue with EPiServer CMS 9.
The update applies to EPiServer projects version 7.5 and higher, and contains finalized work items included in the latest iteration. You can install the update from the EPiServer NuGet feed. Continuous release updates are cumulative to include previous updates. EPiServer supports all platform updates and strongly recommends that you keep ongoing projects up-to-date.
Click a package in the list below to see work item details. See Release notes for the latest changes. See Installing EPiServer updates to install EPiServer updates. See New features in EPiServer for new functionality for end users and developers.
Updated main packages
Install the packages below to fix a compatibility issue with EPiServer CMS 9 and the Alloy sample templates.
- EPiServer Languages - EPiServer.Labs.LanguageManager.22.214.171.12400
- EPiServer Social Reach - EPiServer.Social.126.96.36.19900
- Google Analytics for EPiServer - EPiServer.GoogleAnalytics.188.8.131.5200 and EPiServer.GoogleAnalytics.Commerce.184.108.40.20600
Issues with NuGet updates
In some specific upgrading scenarios you might experience issues with the dependency chains, due to issues in NuGet. This mostly affects Commerce and Find, but also might occur when updating CMS. The workaround is usually to update the packages one-by-one. The issue was fixed in NuGet 220.127.116.11 but requires Visual Studio 2015, see Issues with NuGet package updates.
- Update 83 included breaking changes for Commerce; see Breaking changes Commerce 9.
- Update 81 included breaking changes for CMS and Find; see Breaking changes CMS 9 and Breaking changes Find 10.
- From update 66, EPiServer Commerce only features that are Azure Database compliant are available by default; non-compliant features have to be manually configured.
- Update 55 included breaking changes for Breaking changes CMS 8 and Breaking changes Find 9.
- From update 40, workflows are disabled by default to simplify Azure deployment. See Activating workflows for information about enabling them.
- Update 36 included breaking changes for Commerce; see Breaking changes Commerce 8.
- From update 35, .NET Framework 4.5 is required; see System requirements and Upgrading to .NET Framework 4.5.
- From update 6, EPiServer UI components (CMS and Commerce after version 7.6.0) were converted to NuGet packages. Location of packages have changed and might affect the installation if you are going from the first to the latest update; see Changes to package locations.
- Breaking changes Commerce 9.
- Installing EPiServer updates – adding the NuGet feed and installing EPiServer updates to existing solutions.
- About the EPiServer continuous release process – deployment options with the EPiServer continuous releases.
- Releasing beta features – about beta releases and how to enable them.
Last updated: Oct 16, 2015