Try our conversational search powered by Generative AI!

Connect for Microsoft Dynamics CRM - Error Authenticating

Vote:

Hi,

We have the latest version 4.2 of the following package installed on a project which sits within DXC EPiServer.MarketingAutomationIntegration.MSDynamics

However our client is unable to connect to their CRM instance using the admin tool

I am assured that the credentials inputted are correct.

Is there any other configuration our client should be aware of? Such as for example permissions neccessary for the CRM user they are using to connect.

The EPiServer user guide linked from this page is no longer online: https://world.episerver.com/documentation/developer-guides/marketing-automation-connectors/connect-for-ms-dynamics-crm/

Thanks in advance!

Edited, Jun 25, 2019 15:08
Bob Bolt - Jun 25, 2019 18:01
The documentation link works for me.
Vote:

Hi,

Is there anything in the log file?

And have you tried the Troubleshooting steps those are mentioned in the below guide-

https://webhelp.episerver.com/EN/Campaign/6-integration-and-interfaces/crm/microsoft-dynamics/maintenance-and-troubleshooting.htm

Thanks

Ravindra

Jun 25, 2019 15:33
Vote:

Thanks for the reply Ravindra. 

The above guide is for Campaign Dynamics integration but we are using EPiServer Connect for Dynamics. Campaign isn't included in this project.

There is nothing in the logs as it just seems to be an authentication issue.

I think the key is to provide the client with instructions on where to locate the data to populate the fields in the Connect for Dynamics admin interface. There doesn't seem to be documentation i can locate which covers that.

Edited, Jun 25, 2019 17:39
Vote:

Hi Johnny,

I'm having the same authentication problem trying to connect my microsoft  dynamics CRM account with EpiServer. Did the issue get resolved by any chance ?

Thanks ,

Bhargav 

Jul 26, 2019 9:14
Vote:

Hi Bhargav,

Yes, the connector currently supports CRM instances from North America region only. Connecting to instances in other regions fails.

The EPiServer team are rolling out support to other regions. We've been told the updated package will be available 1st week of August.

Thanks

Jul 26, 2019 9:34
Vote:

Hi Johnny,

Thank you for the update. I'm trying to access my trial version of the CRM which is in Asia region, so I guess a clear error message would have been more helpful. 

Thanks,

Bhargav

Jul 26, 2019 9:37
Vote:

Hi 

The latest version i.e. EPiServer.MarketingAutomationIntegration.MSDynamics 4.3.1 supports other available regions, including APAC.

Regards,

Sai.

Sep 04, 2019 16:04
* You are NOT allowed to include any hyperlinks in the post because your account hasn't associated to your company. User profile should be updated.