Episerver - update 326
New releases of Episerver Labs LinkProperty (new Labs add-on), and Episerver Campaign (user management update, right to be forgotten, notification for suspended mailing dispatch, MS Dynamics CRM: changed configuration, and feedback loop supports new email providers). Bug fixes for Episerver Labs Block Enhancements, Episerver Commerce, and Episerver Search & Navigation.
The update applies to Episerver projects version 7.5 and higher, and contains finalized work items included in the latest iteration of services and related client-side NuGet packages. Continuous release updates are cumulative to include previous updates. Episerver supports all platform updates and strongly recommends that you keep ongoing projects up-to-date. You can install the update packages from the Episerver NuGet feed.
Note: A product release may contain multiple NuGet packages with inter-dependencies. This release information lists updated main package versions. When a release is built, other dependent packages may also be bumped to new versions, although they contain no publicly visible changes. This is done to avoid dependency errors. When you upgrade, NuGet alerts you to upgrade related packages to the required versions. For Commerce, it is important to ensure that you are running the same version of CMS and Commerce, both in the front-end and back-end applications.
Updated services and main packages
Click an item in the list to see work item details.
Episerver CMS UI
- EPiServer.Labs.BlockEnhancements 0.9.1
- EPiServer.Labs.LinkItemProperty 0.1.2
This is a new Episerver Labs add-on, see Grzegorz Wiecheć blog post and Episerver Labs for more information.
- Episerver Personalization 2020.22
- Marketo ESP integration to enable US customers to use Triggered Messages
- Content Email Recommendations
This allows for recommendations in a similar fashion to the current product email recommendations. See the Episerver User Guide.
- Display Recommendations from a Category without Personalisation Algorithms
Hand-pick rule in merchandising is extended and now it is possible to configure hand-picked recommendations from selected category.
- B2B - tracking
Changes to allow for the extension of tracking to better enable B2B businesses to integrate with our recommendation platform. Enabling segmentation of products and clients.
- Episerver Campaign 8.37
- User management update
You can assign roles to users only; not individual permissions. Only customer support can assign or revoke individual permissions. Assigning permissions via roles keeps the user management clear. You can create roles with exactly the permissions the user needs. It is easier and safer to revoke a role instead of revoking permissions one-by-one.
See also: Users in the Episerver User Guide.
- Right to be forgotten
In the recipient history, you can irrevocably delete recipient data. According to Article 17 of the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR), the right to be forgotten, every person has the right to have personal data deleted.
See also: Recipient history in the Episerver User Guide.
- Notification when mailing dispatch is suspended
When you create, edit, or start an opt-in process and the mailing dispatch is suspended in the client, you receive a notification that the opt-in process will not start. (Usually, opt-in processes automatically start after creation.)
See also: Opt-in processes in the Episerver User Guide.
- MS Dynamics CRM: Changed integration configuration
There are several changes to the MsDynamicsClosedLoopWebserviceJobTemplate such as changing the recipient list ID field for closed loop lists from email to dynamics_id. Background: When configuring the MS Dynamics CRM integration, the closed loop interface is configured in the customer’s client using the MsDynamicsClosedLoopWebserviceJobTemplate.
See also: Microsoft Dynamics CRM integration In the Episerver user Guide.
- Feedback loop handling: New email providers
The handling of automatic blacklist entries based on a feedback loop supports the new providers web.de, gmx.net and mail.com.
Episerver Search & Navigation
- Update 301 included breaking changes for Connect for Campaign 3.
- Update 257 included breaking changes for Commerce 13.
- Update 256 included breaking changes for Episerver Languages.
- Update 218 included breaking changes for Service API 5.
- Update 210 included breaking changes for Commerce 12 and Spellchecker for TinyMCE 2.
- Update 208 included breaking changes for Episerver Find 13.
- Update 189 included breaking changes for Episerver CMS 11.
- For previous notifications, see update 188.
- Release notes. Latest changes with work item details.
- New features in Episerver. Summary of new functionality.
- Installing Episerver updates. Adding the NuGet feed and installing updates.
- Episerver services and product lifecycles. About Episerver Beta programs.
- The Episerver continuous release process. About continuous releases and deployment.
Last updated: Jul 27, 2020