EPiServer update 66
This update includes a new feature for CMS Core, which enables automatic database upgrades, and a new feature for Commerce, which provides support for Azure Database by default. It also includes bug fixes for CMS UI/core, Commerce, and Find.
The update is applicable to EPiServer projects version 7.5 and higher, and contains finalized work items included in the latest iteration. The update is available for installation from the EPiServer NuGet feed. Continuous release updates are cumulative, meaning that the latest always includes previous updates. All platform updates are supported and we strongly recommend that you keep ongoing projects up to date.
Click a package in the list below to see work item details. Refer to Release notes for an overview of latest changes. See Installing EPiServer updates for information on how to install EPiServer updates using NuGet.
- #115577 Support for automatic database upgrades in continuous deployment
From version 8.7.0, it is possible to have the database automatically upgraded when new changes are deployed to production environments. Refer to Automatic schema updates for more information.
- #126407 Cloud-first Commerce installation
From version 8.12.0, EPiServer Commerce supports Azure Database by default. This means that features and syntax which are not supported by Azure, for example, encryption/decryption and allow page lock, will need to be manually enabled by executing the scripts available in the tools\OptionalFeatures folder. Refer to Deploying Commerce to Azure Web Apps and Upgrading and deploying to Azure Web Apps.
- #126196 Order events to support integration with order tracking systems
Possible to subscribe to order events to perform actions based on order state changes. Refer to Order events and the blog post New Order Events.
- #121877 New order calculator
New order calculator API to support discounts/promotions in the new Marketing [BETA] system. Refer to Calculating orders [BETA].
- #123032 Improved search results in Catalogs gadget
Possible to drag-and-drop items from the search result list into other content in CMS and Commerce, see the Search section the EPiServer User Guide.
- #126495 Remove direct log4net dependency
The direct NuGet dependency for on log4net has been removed, and replaced by the abstraction provided by EPiServer framework, to simplify package and dependency handling.
Issues with NuGet updates
In some specific upgrading scenarios you might experience problems with the dependency chains, due to issues in NuGet. This mostly affects Commerce and Find, but might also occur when updating CMS. The workaround is usually to update the packages one-by-one. Refer to Issues with NuGet package updates for more information.
Note the following version-specific information:
- From update 66, EPiServer Commerce only features that are Azure Database compliant will be available by default, non-compliant features have to be manually configured.
- Update 55 included breaking changes for CMS and Find.
- From update 40, workflows are disabled by default to simplify Azure deployment. Refer to Activating workflows for information on how to enable them.
- Update 36 included breaking changes for Commerce, refer to Breaking changes Commerce 8.
- From update 35, .NET Framework 4.5 is required, see System requirements and Upgrading to .NET Framework 4.5.
- From update 6, EPiServer UI components (CMS and Commerce after version 7.6.0) have been converted to NuGet packages. Location of packages have changed and might affect the installation if you are going from the first to the latest update, refer to Changes to package locations.
Last updated: May 25, 2015