SaaS CMS has officially launched! Learn more now.

Per Nergård
May 20, 2014
(3 votes)

EPiServer Search indexing bug

Last week I got a question from a customer why they didn’t get the expected search results. A couple of issues was caused by the search index being corrupt, but they still had a a few pages that wouldn’t show up.

After looking at the actual HTML in the editor and fiddling around a bit I found out that it’s a problem with using bold ,italics and hard line breaks inside a paragraph.

Some examples:

<p><strong>some text</strong></p> here “some text” won’t get indexed.

<p><strong>some text <br /> more</strong> here neither “some text” or “more” get’s indexed.

I’ve reported it as a bug to EPiServer and it’s in the bug list 114609.

May 20, 2014


Please login to comment.
Latest blogs
Frontend Hosting for SaaS CMS Solutions

Introduction Now that CMS SaaS Core has gone into general availability, it is a good time to start discussing where to host the head. SaaS Core is...

Minesh Shah (Netcel) | Jul 20, 2024

Optimizely London Dev Meetup 11th July 2024

On 11th July 2024 in London Niteco and Netcel along with Optimizely ran the London Developer meetup. There was an great agenda of talks that we put...

Scott Reed | Jul 19, 2024

Optimizely release SaaS CMS

Discover the future of content management with Optimizely SaaS CMS. Enjoy seamless updates, reduced costs, and enhanced flexibility for developers...

Andy Blyth | Jul 17, 2024 | Syndicated blog

A day in the life of an Optimizely Developer - London Meetup 2024

Hello and welcome to another instalment of A Day In The Life Of An Optimizely Developer. Last night (11th July 2024) I was excited to have attended...

Graham Carr | Jul 16, 2024