Don't miss out Virtual Happy Hour this Friday (April 26).

Try our conversational search powered by Generative AI!

Struggling with deploying content folder contents when installing add-in

Vote:

I have created (or attempted to create) an add-in, which consists of a DLL and a couple of views. Everything seems to be working fine, but after installation only the DLL is placed in /modulesbin (and not in /modulesbin/PackageName/, which the documentation seems to suggest it wouldl). 
I.e I believe my problem is two-fold: 1) Only my assembly is installed, and not the views, and 2) the add-on is installed directly into /modulesbin, and not a subfolder.
Does anyone know what I'm doing wrong?

This is the nuspec:

<?xml version="1.0"?>
<package>
<metadata>
<id>Initech.EPiServer.EventCalendar</id>
<version>1.0.0-Alpha</version>
<title>Event Calendar</title>
<authors>Initech</authors>
<owners>Initech</owners>
<requireLicenseAcceptance>false</requireLicenseAcceptance>
<description>Page types and renderers for something.</description>
<releaseNotes>Alpha release.</releaseNotes>
<copyright>Copyright 2014</copyright>
<tags>EPiServerPublicModulePackage</tags>
<dependencies>
<dependency id="EPiServer" version="[7.5, 8)" />
</dependencies>
</metadata>
<files>
<file src="..\Initech.EPiServer.AddOn\bin\Initech.EPiServer.AddOn.dll" target="lib\net40" />
<file src="..\Initech.EPiServer.AddOn\Views\**\*.*" target="content\Views" />
</files>
</package>

Feb 13, 2014 8:19
Vote:

I guess your add-on assembly is deployed in modulesbin folder and add-on content files are copied in modules\Initech.EPiServer.EventCalendar subfolder within your site root.

modulesbin is a folder where add-on assemblies are deployed, which are included in add-on packages in lib folder.

Other things like views, scripts and styles should be included in content folder of your add-on package.

If add-on nuspec file contains EPiServerPublicModulePackage tag, the add-on is considered as public add-on and content resources are deployed to public_modules\addonID folder, where public_modules is by default modules subfolder within your site root (can be configured in web.config) and add-onID is the value that you specify in id field in add-on nuspec file.

Add-on is considered as protected if tags contain EPiServerModulePackage value. Content files are deployed to protected_modules\addonID directory, where protected_modules is by default your appdata\modules folder. The path to protected modules also can be configured in web.config.

You can find more information here:

http://world.episerver.com/Documentation/Items/Developers-Guide/EPiServer-Framework/75/Modules/Add-ons/

http://world.episerver.com/Documentation/Items/Developers-Guide/EPiServer-Framework/75/Configuration/Configuring-episerverpackaging/

Edited, Feb 14, 2014 11:18
* You are NOT allowed to include any hyperlinks in the post because your account hasn't associated to your company. User profile should be updated.