Try our conversational search powered by Generative AI!

Exception after deleting a non-used tab from admin mode

Vote:

After I delete a tab from admin mode, I get 500:

There is already an open DataReader associated with this Command which must be closed first.

StackTrace:

at System.Data.SqlClient.SqlInternalConnectionTds.ValidateConnectionForExecute(SqlCommand command)
at System.Data.SqlClient.SqlConnection.ValidateConnectionForExecute(String method, SqlCommand command)
at System.Data.SqlClient.SqlCommand.ValidateCommand(String method, Boolean async)
at System.Data.SqlClient.SqlCommand.RunExecuteReader(CommandBehavior cmdBehavior, RunBehavior runBehavior, Boolean returnStream, String method, TaskCompletionSource`1 completion, Int32 timeout, Task& task, Boolean asyncWrite)
at System.Data.SqlClient.SqlCommand.RunExecuteReader(CommandBehavior cmdBehavior, RunBehavior runBehavior, Boolean returnStream, String method)

Do you get the same error, so that I report a bug or is it just me?

Mar 13, 2014 13:54
Vote:

Make sure your db connection string contains MultipleActiveRecordSet=true

Mar 14, 2014 4:55
Vote:

Thank you for the tip Johan,

I found your reply after a search for the more generlized scenario where the error "There is already an open DataReader associated with this Command which must be closed first. " occurred.

Applying your solution generated the server error:

Keyword not supported: 'multipleactiverecordsets'. Description: An unhandled exception occurred during the execution of the current web request. Please review the stack trace for more information about the error and where it originated in the code.

Exception Details: System.ArgumentException: Keyword not supported: 'multipleactiverecordsets'.

After looking up the keyword it appeared that in the version I am using the proper keyword is:

MultipleActiveResultSets

The connectionstring would be formatted as follows:

<connectionStrings>
     <add connectionString="Server=localhost;Database=EPiServerDB_9ca77233;User ID=xxxxx;Password=yyyyy;MultipleActiveResultSets=True" name="EPiServerDB" providerName="System.Data.SqlClient" />
  </connectionStrings>
Edited, Apr 06, 2016 11:36
Vote:

Hi, Hans,

It looks like this is elsewhere, the error suggests that you are using multipleactiveRECORDsets, should be resultsets. Do you have a typo in the error or can you search your config files for that keyword?

Exception Details: System.ArgumentException: Keyword not supported: 'multipleactiverecordsets'.

Apr 06, 2016 15:09
This topic was created over six months ago and has been resolved. If you have a similar question, please create a new topic and refer to this one.
* You are NOT allowed to include any hyperlinks in the post because your account hasn't associated to your company. User profile should be updated.