Try our conversational search powered by Generative AI!

How much can the editorial interface be restricted?

Vote:

How "sanitized" can I make the editorial interface?  I want employees to be able to create/edit pages on a company intranet.  To do this...

• They can't have access to the content tree
  • They can't have access to blocks
  • They can't add or manipulate any gadgets in the sidebars
  • They should only be able to upoad images to "this page"
  • etc.

Essentially, can I lock down the editorial interface to a very narrow range of options, so they can create a page, edit it, and add some files?  Or do I need to create a custom interface for this?

Aug 15, 2014 22:59
Vote:

Hi,

In EPiServer 6 there was a thing called Content Guide (if I remember correctly), and that was basically what you're describing.

In 7 and later you have to develop a custom interface. You also have to use your own version of Tinymce, I've read somewhere that the one EPiServer ships won't work outside EPiServer. I would use a very locked down version of Tiny and then have dedicated upload fields for images and files instead.

Edited, Aug 15, 2014 23:30
Vote:

Yeah, that's where I'm heading, but I find myself re-building thing after thing -- image uploads, image insertion, hyperlink dialog, etc.  It's a little tiring, and I just wanted to make sure there wasn't a better option for it.

Thanks.

Aug 15, 2014 23:37
* You are NOT allowed to include any hyperlinks in the post because your account hasn't associated to your company. User profile should be updated.