Try our conversational search powered by Generative AI!

Setting up EPiServer ServiceApi failed

Vote:

Hi guys,

I am working with EPiServer CMS 8. I want to set up EPiServer service api to allow external system being able to connect to.

I set up service api as following as http://world.episerver.com/documentation/items/episerver-service-api/configuration-and-overview/setting-up-episerverserviceapi.

Then I tried to call service api to get authentication token but response message with error code is 404 - not found.

I don't think I need to add more route config for this api, right?

Do I need to set up more any configuration else? Can any guys help me please?

Thanks a lot,

May 15, 2015 3:37
Vote:

Hello Binh

Are you definitely making the request over SSL and you've done all the necessary work to create a self signed cert and install it on your machine etc?

David

May 26, 2015 22:36
Vote:

Hi David,

I have done all necessary configuration but still cannot detect service api. I installed EPiServer site as following steps:

- Install EPiServer 7.5 empty site from EPiServer center

- Install EPiServer Ecommerce on this site from EPiServer center

- Add MVC sample code for this commerce site

- Upgrade to latest version for EPiServer Ecommerce from nuget

- Then install ecommerce service api from nuget

- Configure SSL for this site

I tried to install a EPiServer site from Visual Studio as creating empty EPiServer sample project with EPiServer extension then install service api package. It's OK.

Do you know why it failed when I tried to install from EPiServer center first?

Thanks a lot,

May 27, 2015 4:33
Vote:

Hi guys,

I have the same issue. Did you find out what the problem is?

Regards,

Christer

Jun 03, 2015 14:09
Vote:

Hi again,

I managed to get it to work by reinstalling the ServiceApi.

• Type "Update-Package EPiServer.ServiceApi.Commerce -Reinstall" in the Packet Manager Console.
  • Update all EPiServer nuget Packages by right-clicking the solution and choose "Manage NuGet packages for solution..."
  • Select Updates\EPiServer in the left pane of the window.
  • Click the button "Update All".
  • Type Update-EPiDatabase in the Packet Manager Console

I haven't tried the workaround for the EPiServer.ServiceApi (without Commerce), but it's worth a try.

Regards,

Christer

Edited, Jun 03, 2015 15:57
Vote:

Thanks for sharing Christer!

Jun 03, 2015 16:33
Vote:

It's done.

Thanks for sharing Christer!

Jun 11, 2015 8:51
This topic was created over six months ago and has been resolved. If you have a similar question, please create a new topic and refer to this one.
* You are NOT allowed to include any hyperlinks in the post because your account hasn't associated to your company. User profile should be updated.