Try our conversational search powered by Generative AI!

VisitedPage event is never raised

Vote:

I have now tried to implement the Criterion myself, bascially using the decompiled code from EPiServer.Personalization.VisitorGroups.Criteria.ViewedPagesCriterion. It turns out that the criterion subscribes to a VisitedPage event which is supposedly raised when a page is visited. By debugging, I have determined that the event subscription is successful, but the event handler is never called. This means that, for some reason, EPiServer does not raise the event.

I tried to subscribe to the StartRequest event instead, and in this case the handler is called. This begs the question: Why is the VisitedPage event not raised when visiting pages?

May 11, 2015 14:54
Vote:

In MVC the event is raised from an action filter called ViewedPageCriterionAttribute meaning the controller serving the page should have that action filter attribute. If your controller inherit EPiServer.Web.Mvc.PageController<T> you will get it otherwise you need to decorate your controller with the attribute.

In webForms you need to have your page template inheriting from PageBase<T> (or more likely TemplatePage<T>)

May 12, 2015 11:15
Vote:

Thanks Johan, that was indeed the issue. I used the attribute and the event is now fired as expected.

However, now I am facing a different problem, I have created a seperate thread on it here: http://world.episerver.com/forum/developer-forum/EPiServer-Commerce/Thread-Container/2015/5/wrong-page-link-from-criterioneventargs-when-visiting-commerce-pages/

May 13, 2015 10:17
This topic was created over six months ago and has been resolved. If you have a similar question, please create a new topic and refer to this one.
* You are NOT allowed to include any hyperlinks in the post because your account hasn't associated to your company. User profile should be updated.