Try our conversational search powered by Generative AI!

Cache invalidation in load balanced environment

Vote:

Hi All,

I aSubmitm just in process of preparing the production enviroment. There are 2 web servers behind the load balancer. In order to improve performance, ISynchronizedObjectInstanceCache is used in multiple places. Cache eviction policy is set to DataFactoryCache.VersionKey. However, if I change the content on one node, changes are not being persised to the scond server. As per documentation (http://world.episerver.com/documentation/Items/Developers-Guide/Episerver-CMS/9/Deployment/Deployment-scenarios/Deploying-to-Windows-Servers/) I enabled Remote Events by pasting in endpoint configuarion. 

I am sure there is something I must have missed :(

Many thanks,

M

[Pasting files is not allowed]

Mar 08, 2016 9:10
Vote:

Can you turn on logging to verify that the event are received (firewall/port is open)?

Mar 08, 2016 10:28
Vote:

Remote event listener is a useful tool for testing if events are received by the server!

Mar 14, 2016 0:15
Vote:

Are you running udp or tcp?

I have been in a couple of situations where udp were not possible to use.

Mar 14, 2016 6:18
Vote:

Make sure in application pool settings maximum worker processe is set to 1 also try pinging the replication url port and url if they are working as expected from both servers in NLB.

Mar 14, 2016 11:58
Vote:

" In order to improve performance, ISynchronizedObjectInstanceCache is used in multiple places."

Not sure how did you implement it, but note that the default implemenation of ISynchronizedObjectInstanceCache only ensure the synchronization of cache removal. So if you have a cache in both server A and B, then you update the cache in server A, the cache in server B will be removed but there is no guarantee that it will have the new cache in server B.

Regards.

/Q

Edited, Mar 14, 2016 12:05
* You are NOT allowed to include any hyperlinks in the post because your account hasn't associated to your company. User profile should be updated.