Try our conversational search powered by Generative AI!

Unable to log in with a user though user exist in CMS

Vote:

Hi All,

Unable to log in with a user though user exist in CMS.I have a existing user in CMS but he is not able to log in to the system.When I search the user in admin mode with working credential then error I am getting is Item has already been added. Key in dictionary: 'abcd@gmail.com' Key being added: 'abcd@gmail.com'

abcd@gmail.com is the email with which he is registered.

I am able to search users for which credential is working.

Does anyone encounter this kind of problem.Your help will be highly appreciated...

Thanks in advance..

Edited, Jun 16, 2016 19:35
Vote:

If you're using WindowsMembershipProvider (or MultiplexingMembershipProvider), check if you're connected to the domain.

If you're using SqlServerMembershipProvider, check if the user account is locked.

If you don't get any error messages on the login screen, that means your username and password are correct, but you don't have necessary permissions to access edit / admin mode.

Jun 16, 2016 19:42
Vote:

Check that you are connected to AD. If you are not, disable windows membership provider in web.config. Sometimes you get a trust issue vs AD that prevents login in dev environments. 

Jun 16, 2016 19:42
Vote:

@dejan and @daniel

Earlier the question was not completed .Now i have updated the question.

Jun 16, 2016 19:45
Vote:

Ok. Check he isn't locked out and has correct roles. Also try resetting password in admin...

Since you can log in with other account is not the classic ad trust issue so scratch that...

Edited, Jun 16, 2016 19:45
Vote:

@daniel

How to check whether user is locked out or not?

how to reset password from admin.I am unable to search the user..

while searching the error I am getting is:

Item has already been added. Key in dictionary: 'abcd@gmail.com' Key being added: 'abcd@gmail.com'

Jun 16, 2016 19:49
Vote:

It looks like your DB is corrupted. Open aspnet_Users table and check if you have duplicate entries in LoweredUserName column.

Jun 16, 2016 19:55
Vote:

Oh...unable to search for user as well...sounds like a duplicate user name then like Dejan is suggesting. Are you only using Sql membership provider? Maybe you have same username on 2 providers?

Edited, Jun 16, 2016 20:58
Vote:

Thanks Daniel and dejan..Multiple user info was the reason for this..Thanks a lot...

Jun 18, 2016 23:27
Vote:

Tough bug. Sweet you could resolve it!

Jun 19, 2016 8:16
This topic was created over six months ago and has been resolved. If you have a similar question, please create a new topic and refer to this one.
* You are NOT allowed to include any hyperlinks in the post because your account hasn't associated to your company. User profile should be updated.