Try our conversational search powered by Generative AI!

Poorly compressed png

Vote:

When looking at the network tab in chrome I was surprised to se a 14kb png on a page with no images. Turns out the little arrow in the EPI quicknavigator is saved with tons of metadata.

Its an 11x9 pixel png that takes 14,2 kb. I took the same image and tried to save it for webb in photoshop and it became 175 bytes.

Could not add this as bug report in their support forum but if any epi employee here reads this thred it should be fixed quite easily and makes the first load a bit faster.

Aug 12, 2016 16:48
Vote:

Well if the site has thousands or millions of editors i can see the problem. But usually it only has a few and normal users will never see this arrow, so i guess it is not a critical problem?

But ok it is still a relatively quick fix someone could do on a friday afternoon ...

Aug 12, 2016 18:24
Vote:

Yes, its not a critical problem but since it's such an easy fix it should be done anyway. Of course I would rather have them take a look at the almost 200 requests and 3mb that the edit mode takes to load...

but 14kb is is 14kb...

Aug 15, 2016 10:38
Vote:

Yes, it can be an issue, especially when you have editors all around the world. I would much prefer to have this icon (as well as episerver-white.svg) hosted on CDN by Episerver (and compressed as Tommy wrote) or have an easy option to host this in CDN myself.

Aug 15, 2016 11:01
Vote:

Though truth-be-told, it's not difficult not to use Episerver's @Html.RenderEPiServerQuickNavigator() and render your own link to edit mode.

Aug 15, 2016 11:05
* You are NOT allowed to include any hyperlinks in the post because your account hasn't associated to your company. User profile should be updated.