Try our conversational search powered by Generative AI!

TinyMCE text box in custom back-office page

Vote:

Hi,

I am building a custom admin section on an episerver site and i would like to render a TinyMCE textarea in which the user could link to cms content in the same way they would with an xhtml property on a page in the cms.

Has anyone done this before? or is anyone able to point me towards a blog or user guide that shows me how to do it?

thanks in advance

Sam

Feb 13, 2017 15:26
Vote:

Feb 13, 2017 16:09
Vote:

Sam, what kind of technique are you using for your custom admin. jQuery, Angular......

I have it working in both jQuery and Angular inside a custom Admin section. 

For the jQuery path it is pretty much just to follow the steps on tinys page, for Angular you need a specific addon.

Feb 13, 2017 17:05
Vote:

hi,

thanks for your suggestions guys. I followed the tinymce guid to add it to my page and it looked pretty good. Unfortunately the client i'm building this custom section for said that if the wysiwyg textboxes don't look and work exactly like the ones they are used to using when editing pages in the cms then they don't want wysiwyg controls at all. i've reverted back to a normal textarea.

Still interested to hear if anyone has been able to get a wysiwyg that looks and works like the ones in the cms (specifically being able to select cms content to link to).

thanks again for your help

Sam

Feb 14, 2017 13:53
* You are NOT allowed to include any hyperlinks in the post because your account hasn't associated to your company. User profile should be updated.