Don't miss out Virtual Happy Hour this Friday (April 26).

Try our conversational search powered by Generative AI!

DXC- Best practice for local development with DB vs on Cloud Azure

Vote:

Wanted to check how others are developing locally with the DB and on the cloud. Even though I have ignored the DB file to move on source control everytime I publish from TFS, the deployment fails and is always looking for a DB file? wanted to know how others are doing development with DB on LOCAL and on Azure?

Apr 18, 2017 20:25
Vote:

Hi, We.config contains the connection string details. You can do transformations, depending on enviornment and CI strategy.
/K

Apr 18, 2017 21:25
Vote:

Hello @Daman,

I'm right on with @K Khan. I use the "main" web.config to point to the database I'm working on locally whether it's a shared DB or hosted on my local. Then, I use web.config transformations to make environment-specific configuration changes like connection strings, azure connections, Episerver Find Service URL, and pointing to Azure BLOB/Events. Just make sure your publishing profile points to the correct build configuration.

Hope this helps!

-RJ

May 08, 2017 20:26
* You are NOT allowed to include any hyperlinks in the post because your account hasn't associated to your company. User profile should be updated.