Try our conversational search powered by Generative AI!

How to Hide Specific EPi Properties/Tabs based on site

Vote:

Hi,

I am using EPiServer CMS 10.3.1 hosted in Azure Cloud. We have 2 different websites (Codebase is same but database is different) for Sweden and Finland sites. There is specific need to Finland site for some EPiServer Properties. I want ot create aTab which will only be visible to Finland site. How can we show/Hide specific properties/tab of Model in edit mode.

One of way I think is by using CustomAttrinute on Property or Tab. Can anyone let me know the solution.

//Sanket Mahimkar

May 19, 2017 11:11
Vote:

Assuming you have separate editors for each site, you could use permissions to set whether a given tab is visible. You can set the permissions either in Admin -> Config -> Edit Tabs, setting the "Requires access level" value or you can set it in a code-first way by using the [RequiredAccess] attribute on your GroupName definition.

May 19, 2017 14:55
Sriram raja - Jun 10, 2020 8:17
how can we set the access for admin, editors etc... it should be as common for all the user
Vote:

Hi,

Thanks for reply. Edit and Delete is disabled for the Chat. But I want to hide Site Pecific EPiServer Properties as well along with Tab. How can we Hide Specific EPi Properties.

//Sanket Mahimkar

May 19, 2017 16:21
Sriram raja - Jun 10, 2020 7:21
how can we set the access for admin, editors etc... it should be as common for all the user
Vote:

Generally my preferred option is to put all of the restricted properties into a separate tab then apply access restrictions to that tab as this route is supported out of the box with Episerver. If you need to restrict individual properties within a given tab, you'll need to do some work in customising the UI.

As luck would have it, Linus Ekstrom wrote a blog post a while ago with a proof-of-concept solution for this kind of granular control at a property level which may well help you along the way:

http://world.episerver.com/blogs/Linus-Ekstrom/Dates/2014/5/Restricting-access-to-who-is-allowed-to-edit-a-certain-property/

May 22, 2017 14:56
* You are NOT allowed to include any hyperlinks in the post because your account hasn't associated to your company. User profile should be updated.