Try our conversational search powered by Generative AI!

A/B Testing Not Working When CMS on another Domain

Vote:

We have a client which we've just rolled out the A/B marketing testing project on to UAT. 

There is a CMS and a Site binding setup on the websites configuration with episerver restricted on the effective website front end.

E.g.

• cms.website.co.uk (CMS)
  • website.co.uk (WEBSITE)

The client is finding when creating A/B tests while logged in to the cms site with a landing page conversion set up but when testing and getting people to check this the conversions are not tracking. We have testing this on our test envionment where the domains are the same and it's worked fine.

Anyone know of any issues around this?

Edited, Dec 16, 2019 16:13
Vote:

I am not 100% sure but may be the chaching could be an issue. That customers might be getting same content that were cached. You can disable the caching for the page, for which you have enabled the A/B testing to show the test driven content. This blog might help you in that

https://world.episerver.com/blogs/pjangid/dates/2019/11/disabling-cache-for-test-driven-content/

Dec 16, 2019 16:36
Vote:

Thanks, there's no ContentOutputCache set up on this site and as I've said it's been working on a previous environment so I would expect if there was some caching issues we would have seen it before. Thank tho

Dec 16, 2019 17:47
* You are NOT allowed to include any hyperlinks in the post because your account hasn't associated to your company. User profile should be updated.