Try our conversational search powered by Generative AI!

How to update compile time data types in DDS

Vote:

Hi All,

I am trying to update a compile time data type on a pre-existing DDS store.

Simple example is i am adding couple of new properties on compile time data type.

Is it possible for me to add new columns to that store/table? If yes kindly let me know the process. As i am not able to create a new columns for the table which was created already even after adding the new columns and deploying the dll.

Regards,

Manik

Dec 19, 2019 8:29
Vote:

Decorating your data type like this should automatically create new columns as needed:

[EPiServerDataStore(AutomaticallyRemapStore = true)]
public class YourDataType
{
}
Dec 19, 2019 12:38
V M S MANIKYALA RAO - Dec 20, 2019 4:48
This case is working in new instance of tables but not for pre-existing tables with data. Am i missing something like some configuration in web config? or anything related to store definition which is pre-defined?
I am getting an error mapping issue.
Vote:

I have used that decorator but it is not creating new columns and throwing an error saying that new column is not existing.

The tables are already existing and have some data in it. Do i need to do any remapping for the store?

Could not map property QRDefault - table Configuration does not contain a column called QRDefault

Regards,

Manik

Dec 20, 2019 4:46
* You are NOT allowed to include any hyperlinks in the post because your account hasn't associated to your company. User profile should be updated.