Try our conversational search powered by Generative AI!

Changing hostname broke site


I am building a demo site for management and wanted to try to get it to run in IIS temporarily. I went to get it setup in IIS, which I got working but had a big license error on screen. Decided not to pursue that anymore and continue with demo on local machine. The problem is I added a hostname to the site definition with the name of my machine, as well as change the site address to the same so it would work in IIS. When I went to revert those changes back, I changed everything back to localhost but the site is still trying to redirect all requests to my machine name. I have scoured the entire database, every file in the project, every page in the admin, and I cannot find where it is getting this setting from. I even deleted the site definition and recreated it, still no dice. I can get to admin site no problem with localhost address, but not the root of the site. I am baffled. Is there a place this may still be stored that I don't know about?

Apr 25, 2019 23:31

After pulling my hair out for an hour, I opened chrome developer tools and it started working. Turns out the redirct it was doing before was cached by chrome. It is working as it should now.

Apr 26, 2019 0:13

Been there also...

Chrome is cache'ing 301 very hard so this is a good tip and information!

Apr 26, 2019 7:54

chrome is caching also my morning coffee and pretending to serve one when cup is actually empty

Apr 26, 2019 11:11

Chrome is cached so hard I'm still using MySpace and Altavista...

Apr 26, 2019 17:03
This topic was created over six months ago and has been resolved. If you have a similar question, please create a new topic and refer to this one.
* You are NOT allowed to include any hyperlinks in the post because your account hasn't associated to your company. User profile should be updated.