Try our conversational search powered by Generative AI!

Display the tree list of CRM pages in a custom view?

Vote:

Hi,

I'm currently implementing a new block with a view. I would like to display the list of pages in the CRM on that new view so the user would be able to select some of these page for further processing.

Even better, if I could have a tree list of these crm pages and be able to drag and drop them into another object. To build a list of pages that needs to be processed.

Suggestions, tips?

Thanks

Jun 20, 2019 5:05
Vote:

Hi shinavn

Here is a link to related forum thread.

https://world.episerver.com/forum/developer-forum/-Episerver-75-CMS/Thread-Container/2019/3/howto-display-the-tree-list-of-crm-pages-in-a-custom-view/

See if that helps you. Drag and drop would not be possible with this but for multiselect you can try IList<ContentReference>.

Let me know if you need more info or help for that.

Thanks, and Regards

Praful

Jun 20, 2019 9:42
Vote:

Hi!

First, I just need to ask: what do you mean by "further processing"?

Depending on what you're ultimately trying to achieve, you probably want to use a ContentArea or (as Praful suggested) an IList<ContentReference>. These can both be restricted to only accept pages using the AllowedTypes attribute (see the documentation). In code, it'd look something like:

[AllowedTypes(typeof(PageData))]
public virtual ContentArea PageContentArea { get; set; }

Editors can then drag and drop pages from the page tree in the navigation pane into this content area.

I'd definitely avoid building a custom property for this use case, especially as it sounds like out-of-the-box functionality could potentially cover your requirements.

Edited, Jun 20, 2019 15:32
Vote:

To display a list of pages in your CRM in a view and allow users to select them for further processing, you can use the Power Apps component framework (PCF) to build a custom control that meets your requirements. Here are some steps you could follow:

1. Create a custom control: Create a custom control using the Power Apps component framework. You can use a tree view control to display the pages as a tree structure and enable drag and drop functionality.

2. Connect to data: Connect the custom control to your CRM data using the Common Data Service (CDS) connector in Power Automate. This will allow you to retrieve the list of pages and display them in your control.

3. Implement drag and drop functionality: Implement the drag and drop functionality using JavaScript or a similar programming language. You can use the ondragstart and ondrop events to handle the drag and drop functionality and update the CDS data as needed.

4. Test and deploy: Test the custom control in a test environment and make any necessary adjustments. Once you're satisfied with the results, deploy the control to your production environment.

Note: The exact implementation details will depend on your specific requirements and the data structure of your CRM. It's recommended to have a good understanding of the Power Apps component framework and programming concepts before starting this project.

https://www.globaldatabase.com/what-is-lead-enrichment
Edited, Feb 08, 2023 12:47
* You are NOT allowed to include any hyperlinks in the post because your account hasn't associated to your company. User profile should be updated.