Don't miss out Virtual Happy Hour this Friday (April 26).

Try our conversational search powered by Generative AI!

Update Attribute value of Recipient using Campaign Rest API

Vote:

Hi,

We are using Episerver campaign API(https://api.campaign.episerver.net/apidoc/index.html#/Recipients/) to manage recipients.

I need to update existing recipient attributes and I am using this post request https://api.campaign.episerver.net/apidoc/index.html#/Recipients/modifyRecipientAttributes for the update.

This API requires attributes to added like "data.[attribute] according to the corresponding recipient list field."

I have tried adding attributes like this 'data.firstname' but no success.

And returned status from API is not very helpful in troubleshooting as it always returns "Not found" result.

Any suggestions?

Jun 24, 2020 8:19
Vote:

Hello there,

having the same problem here - for me it's not clear how to send the data.

Should it be a string, appended to the request? Should it be an array inside of POST?

Please help.

Mar 02, 2023 16:16
Vote:

Can anyone provide an example of how to update/set custom recipient properties?

Mar 02, 2023 16:32
Vote:

Hi, I have solution that worked for me in a curl request. You need to put it in the request body with the mode set.

As example for the request body: 

-d "mode=set&data.YOURATTRIBUTE=true"

if your attribute is a boolean value

If you have a String value, it's almost identical: 

-d "mode=set&data.YOURATTRIBUTE=NEWSTRING"

If you want to update multiple values at once, just append them in the request body: 

-d "mode=set&data.YOURATTRIBUTE=true&data.YOURATTRIBUTE=NEWSTRING"

As you see, you always need the "data." String in front of your attribute to make it work.

The "mode=set" overwrites the current value of your attribute. The are different modes listed in the swagger documentation.

Here is a finally example how a complete curl request can look like:

curl -X POST "BASE_SERVER_URL/rest/YOUR_CLIENTID/recipients/YOUR_RECIPIENT_LIST_ID/RECIPIENT_ID" -H "accept: application/json" -H "Authorization: YOUR_API_KEY" -H "Content-Type: application/x-www-form-urlencoded" -d "mode=set&data.YOURATTRIBUTE=true&data.YOUSTRINGATTRIBUTE=NEWSTRING"
Edited, Oct 05, 2023 13:29
* You are NOT allowed to include any hyperlinks in the post because your account hasn't associated to your company. User profile should be updated.