Don't miss out Virtual Happy Hour this Friday (April 26).

Try our conversational search powered by Generative AI!

Content Approvals notification email not sending

Vote:

Still working through an issue where our Episerver notifications don't seem to be working. When testing the Content Approval I found this in the Episerver INFO logging:

2021-05-07 19:53:06,521 [37] INFO EPiServer.Notification.Internal.DefaultNotificationDispatcher: No Provider found that matches user preferences to send a message on Channel("epi-approval")

Does anyone know why this is happening? I've never had to configure anything special on other projects from memory.

We're using:

• EPiServer.CMS 11.20.6
  • EPiServer.CMS.UI 11.35.1
Edited, May 07, 2021 10:01
Vote:

Can you search in your solution if you have any customer formatter is implemented for channel "epi-approval"?

You can check following link for more infomration.

https://world.episerver.com/documentation/developer-guides/CMS/using-notifications/usage-examples/

May 10, 2021 12:35
Vote:

Hi Praful

Thanks for the reply. I've searched our code base and there is nothing with "epi-approval" - do you think it's not out of the box from Episerver?

We've not written any custom notification code on this project - we're just trying to get out of the box Content Approvals email notification to send. I have a feeling it's related to the fact we're using AAD B2C but I'm not sure if it is yet.

Matt

May 10, 2021 22:51
Vote:

I think I found the fix for it. This post here seems to be the exact same issue Working Around IQueryableNotificationUsers when using external cl (episerver.com) (they're also using AAD) and their solution appears to be working on my local.
As the post says, this might be an Epi bug where it gets the incorrect IQueryableNotificationUsers implementation "AspNetIdentitySecurityEntityProvider".
May 11, 2021 0:30
Praful Jangid - May 11, 2021 7:26
Good to hear that you got a fix. :)
Vote:

Alright, so from discussions with Epi support on this the fix that avoids this work around is to simply remove the package "EPiServer.CMS.UI.AspNetIdentity". After doing so the problem has gone away completely for me. So if you don't need this package I recommend removing it.

May 12, 2021 1:36
This topic was created over six months ago and has been resolved. If you have a similar question, please create a new topic and refer to this one.
* You are NOT allowed to include any hyperlinks in the post because your account hasn't associated to your company. User profile should be updated.